Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav on Autopilot activated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was in the US on the weekend and Navigate on Autopilot activated for me. Pretty neat feature. I was in the US on Saturday and figured it would deactivate when I returned. But it is still available on Monday morning.

So was it activated for all of Canada or was it due to me being in the US?

As far as I know, Nav on Autopilot has not been enabled in Canada yet. Your vehicle checks its location, usually once every 24 hours (or after a reboot) and determines when some features are available (such as Nav on Autopilot). Looks like your car haven't updated location yet since you got back into Canada so you still have access to Nav on Autopilot

• Informative
Reactions: dusdev
As far as I know, Nav on Autopilot has not been enabled in Canada yet. Your vehicle checks its location, usually once every 24 hours (or after a reboot) and determines when some features are available (such as Nav on Autopilot). Looks like your car haven't updated location yet since you got back into Canada so you still have access to Nav on Autopilot

Interesting. Though funny thing, almost immediately after crossing back into Canada, I lost my LTE connection. To try and restore it I did a driving soft reboot. So technically it was rebooted at least once in Canada and still kept Nav on Autopilot. Let's see how I long it lasts I guess.

I am not sure a firmware update will activate it. I think the experience above proves it has more to do with where Tesla is seeing your car. So, I would conclude we have it in our cars already and Tesla likely needs to just turn it on for Canada on their side before we see it activated.

• Informative
Reactions: McCaesar