Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav System: Artifact

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see a little window on left side of the navigation display when I have a route planned. It comes and goes. Has anyone seen this before or know what it is?

Here is a pic:
navigation_artifact_zps80efba5b.jpg

I see a little window on left side of the navigation display when I have a route planned. It comes and goes. Has anyone seen this before or know what it is?
It's telling you the road you're on has 4 lanes in this direction and that, with the upcoming split in the road, you need to be in one of the 3 right-most lanes.

There are some other cool displays like this, I saw one for a tunnel and another for a long bridge. In spite of some glitches I am very impressed with what Tesla has done integrating Navigon & Google maps in the car.

I wish the total trip distance and maybe ETA were shown on the dash as well as the large display; it would help avoid the distraction of looking between two screens while driving.

I saw this for the first time a few days back. I was also puzzled for a while and thought it was a mistake then I realized what it was. It pops-up when you're on a road with 3 or more lanes and advises you about 2 miles ahead of an upcoming junction which lane(s) you should be in. The orange lanes are the ones to be in.

P.S. I love the feature.

Off-Topic: Why don't we have a comprehensive manual so that we'd know about these things instead of trying to figure them out? C'mon Tesla, there's "issues" posted because of things owners didn't know about or understand and there's benefits you're not telling us about till we stumble over them. [/rant]

Have used Navigon on iOS for a few years now and absolutely love it. Happy that Tesla integrated this solution. Tunnel mode is particularly useful since you lose GPS and it estimates your position through the tunnel. It's a little more challenging in Boston where there are multiple exit options in the tunnels but still works well.

I saw this for the first time a few days back. I was also puzzled for a while and thought it was a mistake then I realized what it was. It pops-up when you're on a road with 3 or more lanes and advises you about 2 miles ahead of an upcoming junction which lane(s) you should be in. The orange lanes are the ones to be in.

P.S. I love the feature.

Off-Topic: Why don't we have a comprehensive manual so that we'd know about these things instead of trying to figure them out? C'mon Tesla, there's "issues" posted because of things owners didn't know about or understand and there's benefits you're not telling us about till we stumble over them. [/rant]
I was kind of surprised this was new to people. My Garmin looks very similar. Perhaps Tesla thought similarly when not including it in the manual.