Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav system is not that good why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla nav has phenomenal voice recognition of spoken destinations, better than Siri or Alexa in understanding speech and inferring the closest match when given destinations that don't exactly match the Nav database. The main deficiency for me is the lack of showing alternate routes (and their associated driving times), like Google Maps nav does.

The Tesla nav has phenomenal voice recognition of spoken destinations, better than Siri or Alexa in understanding speech and inferring the closest match when given destinations that don't exactly match the Nav database. The main deficiency for me is the lack of showing alternate routes (and their associated driving times), like Google Maps nav does.

on this car the nav maps should be slicker to me.
yea its ok..but could be better-OK ITS NOT BAD BUT NOT AMAZING

• Disagree
Reactions: KrenGrl and FlyF4
There's room for criticism of the navigation system on my 2017 Model S. It makes me miss TomTom Navigator on my old mobile phone, which always gave me plenty of advance audio warning of required manuevers ahead. In my S, the annoucement to do something often arrives either as I'm already doing it, or at a point when it would be too late. Quite disappointing.

I always found it interesting, I have never been a fan of voice prompts. I guess the nice thing about the S is the Mav in the dash I take a glance down to see my next moves then I just drive. Feels more engaging then waiting to be told.

That and I hate when my music or podcast gets interrupted

I always found it interesting, I have never been a fan of voice prompts. I guess the nice thing about the S is the Mav in the dash I take a glance down to see my next moves then I just drive. Feels more engaging then waiting to be told.

That and I hate when my music or podcast gets interrupted
It's not that I rely on the prompts for my routine driving -- but if they are part of the system, they should at least work properly, and one requirement of that is that they be timely. And in a compex traffic pattern that a driver is not familiar with, audio announcements can be helpful.