TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Nav update

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Jonslatt, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Jonslatt

Jonslatt Member

OK. So like everyone else I am waiting for the next nav update. I am currently on the 2019 database like pretty much every one else.

However I drove down a road today where the speed limit changed position due to a new school entrance about three years ago. My M3P has always told me that it was fine to zoom past the school entrance at 60mph. Now it recognises the change in speed limit and cruises past the school entrance at 30mph. This has only happened in the last week.

Could speed limits be unrelated to the nav version? Has the latest 26.6.4 SW update allowed it to start reading speed limit signs?

Anyone else noticed this?

2. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

put some tape over the front camera and try again.

• Funny x 1
  3. Dilly

Dilly Active Member

The satellites aligned in your favour. The force was with you :)

4. Lx2m3

Lx2m3 Member

There was a GPS update on 2020.20.17

5. drewpost

drewpost Member

I've had a similar experience on three nearby stretches of road that were formerly incorrect. I don't think it's camera-based though as there's a couple of other areas with super clear signage that still show incorrectly on the car. It was around 2020.24.6.4 hitting wide release.

6. AndrewGR

AndrewGR Member

Are speed limits unrelated to the nav version? Apart from a brief period on nav 2020 before rolling back to 2019, I’ve had the same nav version since I got the car in December. However the car now shows 2 roads in my town totalling about 3/4 mile as 60 when they should be 30. I’m sure it didn’t used to. Strangely it shows 30 momentarily about 25 yards after entering the 30 zone and then goes back to 60. Many other speed limits are years out of date. I’ve also seen the limit drop from 70 on motorways for brief periods - possibly related to passing under roads with lower limits?

7. kevuwk

kevuwk Member

In the brief time I had the updated version I did notice some speed limit changes so they must be in it

8. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

As mentioned elsewhere, a new EU-2019.21-12489 version has snuck in below the radar, replacing last years 2019.20-10482 version that was recently restored overriding the seemingly defunct 2020 version.

upload_2020-9-3_18-19-51.png

• Informative x 4
  9. NewbieT

NewbieT Member

Is anyone else still on EU-2019.20-10482 Nav Maps or is it just me?

My main software is up to date 2020.36.10.

10. DaveW

DaveW Active Member

Still on it, I had the 2020 version before they pulled it from everyone

11. Drew57

Drew57 Member

Same here 36.10 & went back to 2019.20

12. Glan gluaisne

Glan gluaisne Supporting Member

Does anyone know why the nav update was pulled?

Seemed a bit odd to have a massive download install, only for it to be pulled very soon afterwards.

13. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

Still on the revised EU-2019.21-12489 version.

14. NewbieT

NewbieT Member

Thanks all!