Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK. So like everyone else I am waiting for the next nav update. I am currently on the 2019 database like pretty much every one else.

However I drove down a road today where the speed limit changed position due to a new school entrance about three years ago. My M3P has always told me that it was fine to zoom past the school entrance at 60mph. Now it recognises the change in speed limit and cruises past the school entrance at 30mph. This has only happened in the last week.

Could speed limits be unrelated to the nav version? Has the latest 26.6.4 SW update allowed it to start reading speed limit signs?

Anyone else noticed this?

I've had a similar experience on three nearby stretches of road that were formerly incorrect. I don't think it's camera-based though as there's a couple of other areas with super clear signage that still show incorrectly on the car. It was around 2020.24.6.4 hitting wide release.

Are speed limits unrelated to the nav version? Apart from a brief period on nav 2020 before rolling back to 2019, I’ve had the same nav version since I got the car in December. However the car now shows 2 roads in my town totalling about 3/4 mile as 60 when they should be 30. I’m sure it didn’t used to. Strangely it shows 30 momentarily about 25 yards after entering the 30 zone and then goes back to 60. Many other speed limits are years out of date. I’ve also seen the limit drop from 70 on motorways for brief periods - possibly related to passing under roads with lower limits?

Are speed limits unrelated to the nav version? Apart from a brief period on nav 2020 before rolling back to 2019, I’ve had the same nav version since I got the car in December. However the car now shows 2 roads in my town totalling about 3/4 mile as 60 when they should be 30. I’m sure it didn’t used to. Strangely it shows 30 momentarily about 25 yards after entering the 30 zone and then goes back to 60. Many other speed limits are years out of date. I’ve also seen the limit drop from 70 on motorways for brief periods - possibly related to passing under roads with lower limits?
In the brief time I had the updated version I did notice some speed limit changes so they must be in it

As mentioned elsewhere, a new EU-2019.21-12489 version has snuck in below the radar, replacing last years 2019.20-10482 version that was recently restored overriding the seemingly defunct 2020 version.

upload_2020-9-3_18-19-51.png