TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Navigate On Autopilot in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Nuclear Fusion, Dec 31, 2019.

1. RareEarth

RareEarth Member

Yes south of Yass on the 'M'31 Hume there are heaps of driveways and crossroads which results in a cacophony of chimes going up and down as you pass them. Gets better around Colac where they built a proper freeway bypass but then reverts towards Gundagai and further south.

• Like x 1
  2. Hairyman

Hairyman Member

I’m seeing both behaviours. Nice slowing for corners on highways. Mad Max change into the exit without slowing at all. I’m surprised at the inconsistency.

3. GrimRe

GrimRe Member

This was my experience to a tee

4. Peterbeans

Peterbeans Member

Yes, I have the same experiences also.

I also have issues with the car saying “Changing lane to follow route”, and wanting to move into the outside lane despite no traffic within range in front or behind and a straight section of road. At times I have to cancel this request four or five times repeatedly before it gives up.

All a bit puzzling.

5. RareEarth

RareEarth Member

I really wonder what role the maps / navigation data the car uses play in these issues. They can be hopelessly out of date, eg Nimmitabel on the Snowy Mountains Highway has had a 50km/hr limit for 5 years, car still thinks it is 60. So is the car thinking it is still on a single lane highway for some parts of the Hume (duplication finished 7 years ago).