Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Tesla Ceramic Coating, PPF, Tinting and other Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, I need touch up paint. Both for the Deep Blue colour and the Wheels. Does Tesla sell touch-up paint? I could not find any paint on the Tesla website.

I found this on Amazon. If Tesla doesn’t sell touch up paint, would this be good for the Wheels?

View attachment 963456
Don’t think Tesla sells any touch up paint at all. Not sure about your product for wheels. Fineshine at Zetland should be able to sort you out for both though if you don’t mind paying a bit extra over diy.

• Informative
Reactions: Epping2023
Guys, I need touch up paint. Both for the Deep Blue colour and the Wheels. Does Tesla sell touch-up paint? I could not find any paint on the Tesla website.

I found this on Amazon. If Tesla doesn’t sell touch up paint, would this be good for the Wheels?

View attachment 963456

Can't help with the paint, but definately for the wheels go see the wheelman in tempe or peakhurst. They are the best in Sydney and cheap.

• Informative
Reactions: Epping2023
So I finally got around to washing my car after the Graphene coating. My detailer Elias was right. A fully touchless wash doesn’t get rid of all the grime. I still had to hit it with a microfiber mitt. Here’s a couple pics of the grime I missed(pretty much my rear bar lol). Look to the left of the ultrasonic sensor for the white patches and a bit more to the left where I wiped it with my finger. They are the clean spots ie what it’s meant to look like.
IMG_6092.jpeg

IMG_6091.jpeg

With the Graphene coating the grime does wash off with minimal effort I must say. Probably will get the coating done on my Missus’s car when it gets here in a few weeks.

Reactions: paulp
So I finally got around to washing my car after the Graphene coating. My detailer Elias was right. A fully touchless wash doesn’t get rid of all the grime. I still had to hit it with a microfiber mitt. Here’s a couple pics of the grime I missed(pretty much my rear bar lol). Look to the left of the ultrasonic sensor for the white patches and a bit more to the left where I wiped it with my finger. They are the clean spots ie what it’s meant to look like.
View attachment 968545
View attachment 968546

With the Graphene coating the grime does wash off with minimal effort I must say. Probably will get the coating done on my Missus’s car when it gets here in a few weeks.
What was your touchless wash method?

What was your touchless wash method?
Used 60ml’s Adam’s Graphene Shampoo in an MJJC Foam Cannon Pro v2 snow gun filled with about 950ml of warm water. Foam on, let sit for a few minutes then pressure cleaned off. Blow dried with a leaf blower. My big Ryobi pressure cleaner broke down so am using the $99 Bunnings Ozito one now. Not a lot of pressure but better than the cheap Ryobis and Karchers I reckon.

Reactions: paulp
Unless your pressure washer is permanently hooked up, it sounds like this is more effort than just the old fashioned bucket and sponge.
Mine is a stationary bigboi unit with self retracting reel. Although this reduces effort and time, the idea of snow foam and pressure wash is to remove as much grit as possible before you touch the paint, thereby reducing scratch risks

Sponge = swirl marks

Using only one bucket = scratches

Good reasons why it shifted to multiple microfibres + atleast two bucket method

Generally I find foam that has great dwell time to be the best no touch but it requires high flow high pressure units like seven times the cost of el chepos. It just doesnt foam anywhere near as good without a big powerful pressure washer. Itss way more effective than other types of no touch washes. Though if my vehicles are pretty dirty it will require touching the panels.

20230805_073943319_iOS.jpg

20230805_074009008_iOS.jpg

Reactions: Gior
Sponge = swirl marks

Using only one bucket = scratches

Good reasons why it shifted to multiple microfibres + atleast two bucket method

Generally I find foam that has great dwell time to be the best no touch but it requires high flow high pressure units like seven times the cost of el chepos. It just doesnt foam anywhere near as good without a big powerful pressure washer. Itss way more effective than other types of no touch washes. Though if my vehicles are pretty dirty it will require touching the panels.

View attachment 968565

View attachment 968566
I’m very happy with the bigboi stationary unit. Had to wait ages for it as they sell out quickly. Adjustable pressure is very usefull as well for perfecting the foam whilst providing maximum pressure for the wheel wells. Foam is far more effective on a coating.

What colour is that?

"Dark matt glacial frost blue".

Just a heads up for those changing the colour of their cars. In the ACT you have to notify the rego dept, they will get you to make an appointment to come in so they can change the form. "Dark matt glacial frost blue" does not fit on the form so they just put "purple". Then they carried out a full inspection (lights, brakes etc) as details had changed. It was free of charge though.

"Dark matt glacial frost blue".

Just a heads up for those changing the colour of their cars. In the ACT you have to notify the rego dept, they will get you to make an appointment to come in so they can change the form. "Dark matt glacial frost blue" does not fit on the form so they just put "purple". Then they carried out a full inspection (lights, brakes etc) as details had changed. It was free of charge though.
I’ve always wondered what they did when the colour changes with wraps.

Reactions: MossDaddy