Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Tesla Ceramic Coating, PPF, Tinting and other Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like Rain-X too. Used it back in my uni days (over 20 years ago). I read there are more modern products that get more than a few months out of them but am yet to commit to applying any. Gtechniq G1 Clearvision is probably top of my hit list atm.

When I got my graphene coating, they were meant to have applied a glass product on the windscreen. I didn’t ask which one though. It doesn’t seem to bead like Rain-X but then again I haven’t really driven at speed through rain.
The first time I had ceramic done (9 years ago) I also had the glass done. It was bad. Couldnt see anything in the rain. Had it removed.

The first time I had ceramic done (9 years ago) I also had the glass done. It was bad. Couldnt see anything in the rain. Had it removed.
I can see in the rain but my right wiper was chattering a bit for a while. It seems to have stopped. Might’ve been the crazy auto dry wipes that set it off though. Can’t believe auto wipers are still in beta!

I can see in the rain but my right wiper was chattering a bit for a while. It seems to have stopped. Might’ve been the crazy auto dry wipes that set it off though. Can’t believe auto wipers are still in beta!
I cant believe autopilot is still in beta. Almost every brand now has lane keeping and auto wipers, and yet tesla still offers their lane keeping system in beta coupled with known and warned about phantom braking

I cant believe autopilot is still in beta. Almost every brand now has lane keeping and auto wipers, and yet tesla still offers their lane keeping system in beta coupled with known and warned about phantom braking
To be fair, my 2020 Subaru Forester, with Eyesight, also suffers from phantom braking.

Along with plenty of chimes.
You're not looking at the road... CHIME.
You're looking at the road the wrong way... CHIME.
There's a car crossing the road 150km away... CHIME.
You strayed 4 inches in your lane (and I'm incapable of correcting that)... CHIME.
There's a car that's about half a mile off your rear quarter panel and you might miss it... CHIME, CHIME, CHIME, CHIME, CHIME!!!11eleven!!

Where's my Joe mode? ;)

Just got a quote for XPEL Stealth PPF + GYEON Ceramic Coat Package (inside + outside) as well as SunTek Window Tint to all glass (excl Windscreen).

$7840 inc GST

This is on my soon to be Model Y (Solid Black / Black Int). Based in Newcastle NSW.

Has anyone been priced on similar? Thoughts?

Apologies, I can't comment on the price you've been quoted, but I am keen on finding out who provided this, if you don't mind sharing? I'm based in the Hunter Valley, and looking for somewhere local rather than having to go to Sydney.

Appreciate any information you are prepared to share!
It was Auto Drip at Bennetts Green... Seems to be only installer listed for XPEL on their website in Newcastle.

Reactions: Midnight Man
Car finally wrapped - satin metallic Sakura pink with a floating roof.
IMG_5960.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5958.jpeg
    IMG_5958.jpeg
    493.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5955.jpeg
    IMG_5955.jpeg
    629.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5957.jpeg
    IMG_5957.jpeg
    602.1 KB · Views: 64
Nice. Looks actually pretty....elegant.

On a side note, are your hub caps on the wrong side? Just looking at the design from the side, wouldn't the "blade" be more efficient if it was slicing the other way? I could be very wrong though...

Guys, I need touch up paint. Both for the Deep Blue colour and the Wheels. Does Tesla sell touch-up paint? I could not find any paint on the Tesla website.

I found this on Amazon. If Tesla doesn’t sell touch up paint, would this be good for the Wheels?

View attachment 963456
Not for wheels but take a look at the color n drive product. I bought some for my white and it works well.

Car finally wrapped - satin metallic Sakura pink with a floating roof.
Nice!
How did they manage the floating roof - the transition from black to pink wrap when it’s not at a panel join?

Would be interested in seeing a closeup photo. I’m considering doing something similar (floating roof) and was concerned about that transition point not on a panel end.

Reactions: MossDaddy
Nice!
How did they manage the floating roof - the transition from black to pink wrap when it’s not at a panel join?

Would be interested in seeing a closeup photo. I’m considering doing something similar (floating roof) and was concerned about that transition point not on a panel end.
They created a joint - here's a close up

Attachments

• IMG_5981.jpeg
    IMG_5981.jpeg
    327.2 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: elddum
But then you get this on tessories? View attachment 973692
I think they mark the caps with L or R anyway?
From the description on the Tessories site, they say all 4 hubcaps are the same. This is making me lean towards Aliexpress for this purchase - they seem to have left and right hubcaps. I’m still on the fence about ordering hubcaps though as I haven’t had any curb rash yet :)

Last edited: