TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Navigation on the right side of the instrument cluster

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by brianman, Feb 9, 2013.

1. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Is there a way to get the navigation to show up on the right side of the instrument cluster?

ManualPage4.jpg

2. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

Hey, that picture's a lie! No, there's not, at least not that I see. This came up in today's walkthrough when I picked up my car, IIRC; I believe Jake also said the nav always takes over the left (it seemed to but I'm not sure I tried changing the display, so don't quote me on the "take over" part).

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Yup, that ("takeover" etc.) matches my experience for the past two months. I was surprised to run across the picture in the Owner's Guide, hence the question.

For the obsessively curious, I was looking for the extension cord notation in the manual and/or warranty PDFs in reference to the other thread. I didn't find it though. :(

4. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I haven't tried this, but have you tried holding down the right clickwheel while in navigation mode (map on console)?

5. SuperCoug

SuperCoug Model S Res #7734

I don't really care which side the screen displays the map but I'd REALLY like it if they would allow the map to display WITHOUT routing to a particular destination. A lot of after market GPS units have this feature (often called Taxi Mode or something similar). This gives you a nice view of the names of the next few cross streets as you drive along. This is especially important given the fact that the Google Maps on the 17 in screen stays in a North up orientation as you drive.

6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

(a) It's sometimes convenient to have it on the right, but it's definitely not an important request.
    (b) Agreed.

7. jbherman

jbherman Member

I agree. I'd personally rather have the map display than the energy usage.