Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NavTool Integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that's why there is beta testing beta testing - a beta test is the second phase of testing in which a sampling of the intended audience tries the product out.
Well first of all, you still didn't answer the question on if you work for the company. Second of all, please don't speak down to me like I don't know what a beta test is. Because the claim from the company website already listed Tesla as a compatible vehicle. So if that, in fact, was incorrect (lie), then yes, you will need to beta test this on an owner that is willing and geographically convenient.

that's why there is beta testing beta testing - a beta test is the second phase of testing in which a sampling of the intended audience tries the product out.
In addition, I was reading back through your post history, and I think you'll find that if the added complexity of touch integration is impossible or severely pushes back your release schedule, then most owners on here will opt for a generation 1 that just does additional camera inputs and phones mirroring.

We are super excited about your product either way.

Watch the video on their website. They seem more concerned about blaming the end user for a botched install rather than actually advertising a product.

Car manufacturers uses same connectors across the car, for example in Honda/ Acura navigation brain in the trunk and navigation screen upfront have identical connectors. So plug and play harness fits both places, annual clearly states to install in the trunk, because upfront it's not pinned the same and it damages intetface right away. Customers get really upset, etc. question is who's to blame in this situation ?

Car manufacturers uses same connectors across the car, for example in Honda/ Acura navigation brain in the trunk and navigation screen upfront have identical connectors. So plug and play harness fits both places, annual clearly states to install in the trunk, because upfront it's not pinned the same and it damages intetface right away. Customers get really upset, etc. question is who's to blame in this situation ?

Extremely fair point if I'm understanding you correctly; the customer has installed your product improperly and somehow caused damage to it. But from a marketing perspective, devoting the main video on your website (that is arguably for advertising your product, getting customers excited about buying it, etc.) towards blame-shifting is uninformative at best, hostile at worst.

A how-to video that went something like this would be come across much more friendly and sell more product:
"Our product is designed to be user-installed, thanks to our clear directions that we include with every sale. Please pay careful attention to the instructions you are given since damage to your vehicle or to your new product can happen. Some cars may have similar connectors, but contact our helpful sales staff before installing if you have any doubts." Then go on to say how great your product is, what it can do, etc.

Beyond that, you are going to get a certain percentage of people that just plain make mistakes. Having an awesome return policy that is customer-favorable may cost you a few percentage points in margin early on, but you will more than make up for it in repeat business and word-of-mouth referrals. And a very detailed installation guide posted on forums like this would go a long way to reducing that risk for Tesla-specific applications.

Reactions: MGMDaware