Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NavTool Integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this thread because I was trying to find reviews for differences between NavTool and BeatSonic. Funny enough, NavTool is still having the same stocking issue. I had an issue witha company that wouldn't take a used engine back, thankfully I paid with my CC and the bank refunded me and then suddenly the business stopped playing hardball and wanted to know when they could come get their engine lol All bigger purchases now I only pay with a CC and avoid the whole no returns mess if it's not as expected; I'll let my bank fight for the money back.

I had a Navtool Carplay interface in my 2011 CTS-V. The system worked with the OEM pop-up touchscreen really well. I activated Carplay by touching and holding the upper left corner of the touchscreen. FYI, the way it worked in the CTS-v is that it took control of the 7" touchscreen and none of the OEM radio controls were accessible while using car play. I don't know how they will utilize the 17" Tesla screen or if any of the tesla controls can be accessed while using carplay.

TBH, I don't miss Carplay at all in the Tesla.

Last edited:
That's like their video example though...showing us Cadillac videos is useless.

I'm more interested in mirroring (which sucks in general as is, but Tesla options are wildly limited) so I can run Waze and whatever else I want on the screen. I'm not willing to pay $1750 to "upgrade" to MCU2 which sucks by today's standards vs the full Android screens we have in our BMW's.