Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska Tesla Club?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some pictures of the Lincoln event:
20180916_140703-1.jpg
20180916_122114-1.jpg
20180916_120134-1.jpg
20180916_114913-1.jpg

The doors on the i8 look great and the price of a used one is about two years away from being tempting.

Sounds like Kansas City got a bunch of cars in over the weekend and have plenty of open delivery times. They didn't seem like they were very rushed with end of the quarter yet. They actually inspected my car before scheduling a delivery that was basically anytime I wanted this week. A+ communication with Kansas City so far, they even answered the phone on the first ring when I rescheduled :)

Sounds like Kansas City got a bunch of cars in over the weekend and have plenty of open delivery times. They didn't seem like they were very rushed with end of the quarter yet. They actually inspected my car before scheduling a delivery that was basically anytime I wanted this week. A+ communication with Kansas City so far, they even answered the phone on the first ring when I rescheduled :)

Did you take delivery today?

Mine supposedly gets to KC on Wednesday, I'm currently scheduled to take delivery on Friday morning!

Did you take delivery today?

Mine supposedly gets to KC on Wednesday, I'm currently scheduled to take delivery on Friday morning!

I am going tomorrow at 10:30 as I didn't want to risk something going wrong with a wire transfer and my credit union being closed. My credit union for Nebraska Public Power District said mine was the first "Electronic Car" they have did a loan for.

What's the latest word on the Nebraska tax situation? I just put my VIN in the tax estimator and it still shows the MSRP as $64000. Did anyone ever hear back from Lincoln on this or get a decision?

I picked up my car today and the MVPA it clearly says:
Model 3: $35,0000
Long Range All-Wheel Drive: $18,000
Doal Motor All-Wheel Drive:
Premium White: $1,500
Deep Blue Metallic: $1,000
Enhanced Autopilot: $5,000

It says nothing of $64k or $54k or whatever the numbers were.

Did you get it? I tried to keep an eye out on the lot for your car, but I didn't see it.

They had a few things to attend to on mine so I didn't end up leaving KC for Omaha until about 12:30.

I absolutely love this car!

Yep, my appointment was at 3. I was in and out in 30 minutes. Could have been shorter, but I did a pretty thorough inspection. I had no issues on my, just some sticker residue they wiped off.

Loving it as well! Looks like theres almost no way to get the OPPD rebate at this point. Delay in DMV paperwork and only 7 rebates left. That sucks.

Yep, my appointment was at 3. I was in and out in 30 minutes. Could have been shorter, but I did a pretty thorough inspection. I had no issues on my, just some sticker residue they wiped off.

Loving it as well! Looks like theres almost no way to get the OPPD rebate at this point. Delay in DMV paperwork and only 7 rebates left. That sucks.

Gets more and more comfortable each time I drive it, I've gotten good at popping up and saying "I'll drive!" when someone needs to get somewhere :)

Also,

Looks like OPPD updated again this evening... 3 left + 7 or more days for paperwork + chargepoint hasn't shipped yet. Hope OPPD surprises us all by taking money from the other (slowly moving) pot of charger rebates. . .

Gets more and more comfortable each time I drive it, I've gotten good at popping up and saying "I'll drive!" when someone needs to get somewhere :)

Also,

Looks like OPPD updated again this evening... 3 left + 7 or more days for paperwork + chargepoint hasn't shipped yet. Hope OPPD surprises us all by taking money from the other (slowly moving) pot of charger rebates. . .

My guess is, they'll implement another rebate after this one is gone, but it will require a purchase after X date to be eligible, and we will be in a gap between the two.

I e-mailed OPPD last week to ask if there was any chance they might extend it. This is the response.

"Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting OPPD in regards to the EV Rebate Pilot Program!

At this time, the rebates are down to 7 for the $4,500.00 variety. Unfortunately, we have not heard anything about extending that particular rebate since it was in the form of a grant, they are very particular about how the funds are used.

If anything were to change about adding more of those rebates, we will update our website accordingly, however, at this time we have not heard anything in that regard from the grant writers.

Thank you!"

I'm still planning to apply for the charger rebate, since that's already installed. I may send the paperwork for the vehicle rebate anyway, just in case they extend it.

I do hope they publish the types of vehicles that got rebates and the numbers. It would be interesting to see the breakdown.