Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you interested in a hitch for your Tesla?

• Yes

Votes: 49 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have carried pretty much every bike you can imagine - 50 lb Electric Pedegos to my 12 lb Trek Madone 6.7 SSL Carbon Fiber.

I have theYakima HoldUp 2-Bike Hitch Rack and it weighs almost 50 lbs - the best part is the air suspension keeps the car level even when fully loaded..

b889ab83-a677-491b-9153-812589754c6f

I have carried pretty much every bike you can imagine - 50 lb Electric Pedegos to my 12 lb Trek Madone 6.7 SSL Carbon Fiber.

I have theYakima HoldUp 2-Bike Hitch Rack and it weighs almost 50 lbs - the best part is the air suspension keeps the car level even when fully loaded..

Do you have this on your 90D? Do you normally remove the hitch when not in use. Is there any wobble?

I've been using the seasucker mounts (which have worked perfectly but still stress me)

I had a slight wobble, but the Yakima Holdup comes with a tensioner/anti rattle pin that tightens the receiver to the rack. I use these on all my trailers and on my bike rack attached to my off road trailer too.. they work great.

Anti-Rattle Trailer Hitch Receiver Lock for 1-1/4" Hitches - 2-3/8" Span
Item # 63147

If your question is does my hitch attached to the car wobble, it did on my original car, but the one I have now doesnt wobble at all..

The safest, most exhilarating sedan on the road, your Tesla Model S needs a trailer hitch that will be able to keep up with all your driving needs, especially one that is as low profile as the EcoHitch, and now we have a hitch available for the 2017 Tesla Model S!

The EcoHitch for the 2012 through 2017 Tesla Model S comes in both 1¼-inch and 2-inch receiver sizes so you get your choice of which bike racks and cargo trays or ski racks that will work best for the receiver you choose.

tesla_evangelist_photo_1.png

peterk_2.jpg

2012-2017 Tesla Model S EcoHitch Features:

• Completely concealed design - only receiver is visible
  • 100 percent bolt-on installation - no drilling required
  • Engineered to meet stringent national SAE J684 towing safety standards
  • Rated for 200 pounds tongue weight, 2,000 pounds towing weight
  • Available in 1¼-inch and 2-inch receivers
  • Designed to complement the aerodynamic contours and underbody airflow of vehicle
  • Manufactured with high impact powder coat
  • Material can include a qualified combination of aerospace grade aluminum, stainless steel or steel*
  • Eco-friendly, made with recycled materials
  • Lightweight
  • Free shipping to lower 48 states
  • Made in U.S.A
  • Lifetime Warranty
*Depending on the application, the product can include a combination of up to three qualified materials

Please let us know if you have any questions about the Model S EcoHitch hidden receiver hitch or our Tesla hitch accessories. Feel free to contact us on the forum, or by using the info in our signature below.
I need a Class 3 hitch (5000lb towing and 500lb tongue capacity) for my 2017 Model S. Any plan or consideration for upgrading your hitch for higher loads?