TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Need advice on rear bumper scrapes

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Alex Van Ness, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Alex Van Ness

Alex Van Ness Member

My rear bumper had a little run in with a brick retaining wall. I was backing out of my driveway, and must have ever so slightly grazed the wall you see in the 3rd picture. I did not realize until I parked back in the driveway and went to plug her in. I have already used touch up paint, but as you can see, there are still quite noticeable, deep scrapes in the plastic. Is there anything that I can do to fill the scrapes myself or would you recommend taking it to a body shop? Any advice and information is greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. scottm

scottm Active Member

First dings happen. If these are your first scrapes... leave it alone.
    It doesn't even look that bad with touch ups you've applied.

If someone else comes along and hits you in the rear more solidly... this little thing will be taken care of at the same time, on their dime.

Take the money you would have spent on body shop, and buy 2 dash cams.
    One forward facing and one rear facing.

.. to be sure to catch the license plate of who hits you in the rear on the street or parking lot.