Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Electrician recommendations in Orange County, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!
Not sure if there's a section about that so posting here.
I know Tesla has "recommended" electricians, I've contacted 5 only 1 really responded and is coming out to see my panel.

I've asked for 5-6 quotes on Yelp as well, got a few replies.

Anybody has had a great electrician for their Tesla that they would recommend?

I'm still debating with just a NEMA plug / outlet or the full Wall connector, so far quoting for the outlet at this point.

Thanks!
I used Orange County Electrical Service, they are Tesla approved. Did a fantastic job!! After the rebate it was almost free. We ended up pulling a permit too as recommended. www.ocelectricalservice.com 800-674-5692 10 stars!

Hi!
Not sure if there's a section about that so posting here.
I know Tesla has "recommended" electricians, I've contacted 5 only 1 really responded and is coming out to see my panel.

I've asked for 5-6 quotes on Yelp as well, got a few replies.

Anybody has had a great electrician for their Tesla that they would recommend?

I'm still debating with just a NEMA plug / outlet or the full Wall connector, so far quoting for the outlet at this point.

Thanks!
I used OC Electrical Service 800-674-5692 after the rebate it was free, we also applied for a permit as recommended. 10 stars!

used Steve in Tustin, for anyone in central OC.

Steve Cavenee Electric | Orange, CA

And were you happy with their work? I got a quote from him. He seems like a very nice, knowledgeable, and honest person with fair prices. But he is not currently among those recommended by Tesla. Also looks like he has guys working for him and he won’t do the job himself.

I have narrowed down to a couple of electricians and would appreciate any feedback you may have on Steve’s work...

Thanks

Another recommendation for Jimmy Pham. He converted my old Clipper Creek 240v (used for a Chevy Volt) to a NEMA 14-50. He showed up on time, completed the work in about 2 hours, and cleaned up after his work. His price was very reasonable.

Attachments

• IMG_1459.jpg
    IMG_1459.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 125
And were you happy with their work? I got a quote from him. He seems like a very nice, knowledgeable, and honest person with fair prices. But he is not currently among those recommended by Tesla. Also looks like he has guys working for him and he won’t do the job himself.

Sorry, just saw your note. Yes, extremely happy with Steve's guys. Fair price. They showed up on time, cleaned up after themselves, and came in as quoted. The workers are his employees, and not contractors.

We had him install a sub-panel, and run the new circuit thru crawl space and down the other side of the garage to install the tesla HPWC.

fwiw: obtained quotes from the folks on the Tesla list and all were much more $. Installing a circuit and running a romex line and conduit is pretty basic electrician stuff, so I never understood the much higher cost to be 'Tesla recommended.'

Sorry, just saw your note. Yes, extremely happy with Steve's guys. Fair price. They showed up on time, cleaned up after themselves, and came in as quoted. The workers are his employees, and not contractors.

We had him install a sub-panel, and run the new circuit thru crawl space and down the other side of the garage to install the tesla HPWC.

fwiw: obtained quotes from the folks on the Tesla list and all were much more $. Installing a circuit and running a romex line and conduit is pretty basic electrician stuff, so I never understood the much higher cost to be 'Tesla recommended.'

Thank you for the response, though a bit late as I already had Steve's guys install our charger :)

We didn't need subpanel but they had to add a 50A breaker and take the cable all the way from the main panel outside to inside the opposite wall on the other side of a 3-car garage. They showed up on time, cleaned up after themselves, and the price was fair among the quotes I had received. I just wish they had used a rigid conduit inside the garage as opposed to a flexible one that curves a bit and does not look as nice. But apparently that was a bit of miscommunication and not Steve's fault in any way. In fact, he has kindly scheduled his guy to come back again and perhaps add a couple of more retainers to better straighten the conduit. So, overall, yes, I am happy with their work so far.

im looking for an electrician, can you pm me? New user idk how to PM sorry!

I normally encourage people to search the site for similar threads, so kudos for that, however....

The thread you posted in is almost 4 years old. An electrician that was "dirt cheap" 4 years ago may or may not still be. 2018 feels like 20 years ago at this point, in differences.

If you are attempting to sell your reservation (your first post) what is the electrician for?