Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to reset instrument panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An issue on MX P100D that I took delivery on 3/25:

On this past Saturday, the instrument panel (behind steering wheel) stayed blank when I entered the car and pressed the brake to start the car. Called SC & they had me reset it by pressing the two buttons above the scroll wheels on the steering wheel for 30 seconds. After this it works fine. However, I've had to do this multiple times since Saturday. I've had to do this 3 times today alone. Called SC back and they will run the logs and call me back. Anyone with ideas as to what's going on.

Side note: I've had a message to "replace 12 v battery soon" pop up last week (before issue with instrument panel), but SC says that these are not related. A replacement battery has been shipped. I live 140 miles from SC and can't just take it in.

Seems related to me. I thought that the Instrument Cluster was powered by the 12v battery, so if it's not delivering adequate power, then it's not going to be working properly. But ultimately, the SC is going to have to figure this one out for you.

Side note: I've had a message to "replace 12 v battery soon" pop up last week (before issue with instrument panel), but SC says that these are not related. A replacement battery has been shipped. I live 140 miles from SC and can't just take it in.
Who is going to replace the battery? Are they sending someone, or are they just going to give you instructions? I watched mine get replaced and there were many parts that had to be removed to gain access to the battery and then some software things needed to be reset using their laptop. I just replaced the battery in my pickup, the same task in the T is on a whole other level.

Who is going to replace the battery? Are they sending someone, or are they just going to give you instructions? I watched mine get replaced and there were many parts that had to be removed to gain access to the battery and then some software things needed to be reset using their laptop. I just replaced the battery in my pickup, the same task in the T is on a whole other level.
Good grief, yes, I'd never try to replace one of these myself, especially in a warranty vehicle. The way Tesla buried the battery in 'add ons', they never intended for anyone except the SC to touch it. Could have made it as simple as an old ICE car, but nope.

Reactions: FarmerDave
No, a ranger will bring the new battery and replace it on Monday, but now SC says that problems with instrument panel not coming on and needing to be reset is most likely to be from the problems with the 12 volt battery being bad. Unfortunately, it took them 2 weeks to get it here.