Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Needed a push tonight (snow problems)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the manual, yes the Model S has a tow-eye hook.

Capture.PNG

The following picture is from someone else's car. I looked underneath my frunk mat and I do not have one of these hooks. :(

IMG_20131222_244806_521.jpg

According to the manual, yes the Model S has a tow-eye hook.

View attachment 40045

The following picture is from someone else's car. I looked underneath my frunk mat and I do not have one of these hooks. :(

View attachment 40046
I don't think I have the toe eye key, but now I'll have to look. Good thing to know in case I have a slide-off or something while we wait for these temps and the snow to ease up.

Similar thing happened to me in Rhinelander a couple weeks ago. Friends driveway is relatively steep incline, just couldn't make it up after several tries with traction control on. Turned off traction control, put the pedal to the floor and blazed my way up the driveway no problem. I too am still running my all seasons. Waiting for tirerack and the luganos with some Michelins, soon hopefully.

Prius is infamous for refusing to move off a sheet of ice due to traction control. And due to Toyota not providing an off button.

Prius is infamous for refusing to move off a sheet of ice due to traction control. And due to Toyota not providing an off button.

The problem is that the Prius has anti-traction control. The Tesla, and other cars with real traction control, will apply the brake to the slipping wheel, allowing torque to be applied to the wheel that has some traction remaining. The priority for the Prius is to protect its fancy planetary gear synergy system. Therefore, when a Prius detects a wheel slipping, it reduces power. This is very frustrating; start slipping, give up and reduce power, sigh....and you cannot turn traction control off in a Prius. :cursing:

The problem is that the Prius has anti-traction control. The Tesla, and other cars with real traction control, will apply the brake to the slipping wheel, allowing torque to be applied to the wheel that has some traction remaining. The priority for the Prius is to protect its fancy planetary gear synergy system. Therefore, when a Prius detects a wheel slipping, it reduces power. This is very frustrating; start slipping, give up and reduce power, sigh....and you cannot turn traction control off in a Prius. :cursing:

Well, there is a way but you have to know how to invoke Maintenance Mode. And it only stays off as long as you remain in MM.