Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEMA 14-50 Out of stock?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But charging by 120 or only Superchargers is what I have left. I have taken deep breaths for a good while. When others get theirs in 10 days (across the nation) I should get it real quick within the same state.

They will figure it out one way or another. Arbitration filing costs me nothing and they will pay a lot more than the item is worth.

Why would a company so dependent on computers not have a site to see what's happening with your store order.

But charging by 120 or only Superchargers is what I have left. I have taken deep breaths for a good while. When others get theirs in 10 days (across the nation) I should get it real quick within the same state.

They will figure it out one way or another. Arbitration filing costs me nothing and they will pay a lot more than the item is worth.

Why would a company so dependent on computers not have a site to see what's happening with your store order.

Maybe dispute the charge on your credit card and place a new order ?

I received my adapter a bit ago. I had also ordered floor mats, but Fedex decided to give my package to another person. That person even signed for them. Hopefully Tesla responds to my support inquiry because they have to start the claim. Sigh.

Gosh, very sorry for the stress of not being able to charge yall's most incredible mass market EV on the planet with a 14-50. Here’s my $.02.....

The fact that the car is great has no bearing on the fact that the wait times are crazy and add a lot of stress to people who were, for the most part, assuming the accessory would be included with their purchase and so had planned accordingly.

I wonder if some might consider:
a) switching to a 6-50 which has the ability to charge at the same rate and will most likely become the default 240v adapter in due time since their is no EV in North America that requires a neutral for 240v charging. The 14-50 is a carryover from the days when us 2013 and earlierer's required a campground 14-50 for road tripping before the amazing supercharger network locations became plentiful
b) purchasing a Tesla 14-30 MC adapter, remove the neutral prong (which is a dummy/dead/extraneous prong) and charge on one’s 14-50 that will automatically self limit to pull 24A with no manual intervention for a ~22mph charge rate
c) going with a 240v 30a circuit, NEMA 14-30 receptacle, and matching Tesla adapter
d) going with a 240v 20a circuit, NEMA 6-20 receptacle, and matching Tesla adapter for a ~15mph charge rate

The 6-50 is the only reasonable alternative, but as said above, people didn't realize they had to consider it. The average person shouldn't be making too many electrical mods they don't understand. You really need to know the rules so that you know when/why they can be broken (this applies to basically any topic).