Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEMA 14-50 Out of stock?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only Tesla could manage to take a product that they were producing more than a 1:1 ratio of to cars, stop including it with cars (so less than 100% of cars end up being sold with it), and then manage to be out of stock on it.

Boggles the mind.

Did they not *think* about this distribution problem when they were deciding whether to remove it from the default inclusion with the car?

Only Tesla could manage to take a product that they were producing more than a 1:1 ratio of to cars, stop including it with cars (so less than 100% of cars end up being sold with it), and then manage to be out of stock on it.

Boggles the mind.

Did they not *think* about this distribution problem when they were deciding whether to remove it from the default inclusion with the car?

Tesla is pretty darn incompetent at planning.

Jmjcsim - I didn’t take your response that way at all. I’m skeptical on arrival forecast, too.
My post was just an FYI / data point.

Hopefully we get our adapters this week and I can push some electrons through my shiny new 14-50 receptacle!

Prior to my M3 delivery in late May, I experienced a similar situation. After the "Out of Stock" condition was removed for 14-50 adapter, I was able to place the order on 5/16, got order shipping notification on 5/27 and received the adapter last week on 6/5. Hope this helps.

Ordered the 6-50 adapter online on May 30th after finding out my delivery center did not have any, nor did my local service centers (in Los Angeles). They sent me a tracking number on June 1st, but nothing has been shipped even after 10 days. Very frustrating to not be able to charge at Level 2 for almost 2 weeks now... Anybody have one they want to sell me?

Ordered the 6-50 adapter online on May 30th after finding out my delivery center did not have any, nor did my local service centers (in Los Angeles). They sent me a tracking number on June 1st, but nothing has been shipped even after 10 days. Very frustrating to not be able to charge at Level 2 for almost 2 weeks now... Anybody have one they want to sell me?

Ebay has them but they are going for $60+ (plus shipping)