Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nevada Electric Highway map

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wells and especially Ely would be nice. And it really is in the state's best interest. I am a prime example as someone who frequently drives from Seattle to Vegas. There are many different possible routes to take which all take a similar amount of time in an ICE. With an EV, I am usually driving through Utah or California instead of Nevada due to the lack of charging options. The lone exception is that I can drive through CA to Reno and then south to Vegas on 95, but that is a really boring route lol. I guess in Nevada they are all boring but I'd at least like some variety.

Self-interestedly, I'd really like to see something in Ely, since I am going to be driving along much of U.S. 50 sometime soon. However if the State arranges for a CCS/CHAdeMO site there, it isn't going to do us Model 3 owners any good. (At least until Tesla decides to market an adapter for one and/or the other.)

Right now it is looking like RV parks are still the way to go.

The State of Nevada just updated their map:

http://energy.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/energynvgov/content/Programs/NEH Map v2.11.pdf

Of greatest interest to me are the 'under construction' sites along U.S. 50 in Cold Springs Station, Austin, and Ely. Non-Tesla folks should also be happy about the 'under construction' site in Wendover. (Tesla has a Supercharger site in Wendover, so we are already covered there.) These State of Nevada sponsored stations are all CCS/CHAdeMO sites, so a CHAdeMO adapter would be needed.

Others are the new sites on U.S. 95 and 93 that are north of I-80. Helpful to those going to Boise and Twin Falls.

The State of Nevada just updated their map:

http://energy.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/energynvgov/content/Programs/NEH Map v2.11.pdf

Of greatest interest to me are the 'under construction' sites along U.S. 50 in Cold Springs Station, Austin, and Ely. Non-Tesla folks should also be happy about the 'under construction' site in Wendover. (Tesla has a Supercharger site in Wendover, so we are already covered there.) These State of Nevada sponsored stations are all CCS/CHAdeMO sites, so a CHAdeMO adapter would be needed.

Others are the new sites on U.S. 95 and 93 that are north of I-80. Helpful to those going to Boise and Twin Falls.
I like that most are DC fast. Anything else is horse and buggy.

I like that most are DC fast. Anything else is horse and buggy.

Agreed. Last fall I did a road trip with some folks that included legs from Wendover to Ely, then across U.S. 50 to Lake Tahoe. A DCFC station in Ely would have meant I could have slept in a motel, rather than car camping at the Ely KOA. We did some L2 charging at Eureka and Cold Springs Station, then used the CHAdeMO at Fallon.

Map says estimated completion in May 2020.

Another interesting one is Wendover. Est completion in Feb 2020 - which will open up the West Coast to SLC corridor to non-Teslas.

I’m going to email this Mark Brady for some better status if possible.

Attachments

• 946F3B27-5668-4FBC-86C8-CAAE09990874.png
    946F3B27-5668-4FBC-86C8-CAAE09990874.png
    641 KB · Views: 84
You mean you don't want to hang out in Austin, NV for 10 hours while you fill up? :D

My TM3 LR RWD can do the run between Fallon and Ely with no problem. Two of my traveling companions were driving a Model S 70D (@Lanny) and a Model X 75D. We charged overnight at the KOA in Ely. They then both did an hour or so of 14-50 L2 charging in Eureka and Cold Springs Station. I actually used a 14-50 at Cold Springs as well. (We ate lunch there.) When we reached Fallon, we used the CHAdeMO at Fox Peak Station.

I've corresponded with Mark a bit over the past year. He is pretty responsive.

Map says estimated completion in May 2020.

Another interesting one is Wendover. Est completion in Feb 2020 - which will open up the West Coast to SLC corridor to non-Teslas.

Hey, so I received an email back from Mark, kinda surprised that I did and it's got a good bit of info in it. I've posted it below.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"Hello,

I was hoping you might have some more detailed status on a couple EV charging sites. I’m looking for information on Indian Springs and Wendover. Do you have any information beyond the estimated completion date of May/February and what connections/levels will be at these sites?

Thank you,

Matt "
_________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hi Matt,

Sorry for the delay, been traveling all week, but thanks for the question!

Indian Springs – that project we have partnered with NV Energy on and the local site host is Terrible Herbst. The Terrible Herbst team is building a new gas station (they bought an old one and doing a demo/rebuild). The new site along with the EV charging equipment is currently slated to become operation Memorial Day weekend (May 2020). We haven’t formally updated our documents showing that as the formal request hasn’t come through, but that’s very likely here shortly.

Equipment: 2x BTCPower 50kW, CCS and CHAdeMO

W. Wendover – that project we have partnered with Wells Rural Electric Cooperative and the local site is the City. The project is at the City’s Welcome Center. The chargers were planned to be commissioned this week (though I’ve been traveling all week so haven’t heard the latest). They project won’t officially be finished for another few months as they are planning to build a shade structure to help protect the equipment. They are also in the process of getting the chargers networked – once that happens they should auto populate on sites like plugshare. So the general public should be able to use them in the next week or so (if things went to plan).

Equipment: haven’t seen the invoices yet, so some uncertainty. But plan is for 1x 50kW EFACEC QC45 that has both CCS and CHAdeMO. 1x either (1x 50kW EFACEC QC45 that has both CCS and CHAdeMO) or (level 2 charger) for a total of 2 chargers.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

-Mark

Mark Brady

Nevada Governor’s Office of Energy

755 N. Roop St. Suite 202

Carson City, NV 89701

T: (775) 687-1850 x 7320

[email protected] "

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Hey, so I received an email back from Mark, kinda surprised that I did and it's got a good bit of info in it. I've posted it below.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"Hello,

I was hoping you might have some more detailed status on a couple EV charging sites. I’m looking for information on Indian Springs and Wendover. Do you have any information beyond the estimated completion date of May/February and what connections/levels will be at these sites?

Thank you,

Matt "
_________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hi Matt,

Sorry for the delay, been traveling all week, but thanks for the question!

Indian Springs – that project we have partnered with NV Energy on and the local site host is Terrible Herbst. The Terrible Herbst team is building a new gas station (they bought an old one and doing a demo/rebuild). The new site along with the EV charging equipment is currently slated to become operation Memorial Day weekend (May 2020). We haven’t formally updated our documents showing that as the formal request hasn’t come through, but that’s very likely here shortly.

Equipment: 2x BTCPower 50kW, CCS and CHAdeMO

W. Wendover – that project we have partnered with Wells Rural Electric Cooperative and the local site is the City. The project is at the City’s Welcome Center. The chargers were planned to be commissioned this week (though I’ve been traveling all week so haven’t heard the latest). They project won’t officially be finished for another few months as they are planning to build a shade structure to help protect the equipment. They are also in the process of getting the chargers networked – once that happens they should auto populate on sites like plugshare. So the general public should be able to use them in the next week or so (if things went to plan).

Equipment: haven’t seen the invoices yet, so some uncertainty. But plan is for 1x 50kW EFACEC QC45 that has both CCS and CHAdeMO. 1x either (1x 50kW EFACEC QC45 that has both CCS and CHAdeMO) or (level 2 charger) for a total of 2 chargers.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

-Mark

Mark Brady

Nevada Governor’s Office of Energy

755 N. Roop St. Suite 202

Carson City, NV 89701

T: (775) 687-1850 x 7320

[email protected] "
Good info, but unfortunately you asked about two of the least interesting chargers (for me). There's already a supercharger in Wendover, so I wouldn't consider using anything else there. Really curious about US50.

Good info, but unfortunately you asked about two of the least interesting chargers (for me). There's already a supercharger in Wendover, so I wouldn't consider using anything else there. Really curious about US50.

Well Indian Springs having “a” charger is good for those headed that route and stationed at Creech AFB. And I asked about Wendover for @wws. You should reach out to Mark, I received way more info than expected.

Well Indian Springs having “a” charger is good for those headed that route and stationed at Creech AFB. And I asked about Wendover for @wws. You should reach out to Mark, I received way more info than expected.

I have modest interest in Wendover because, as was mentioned, there is already a Supercharger site there. (I've used it a couple of times.) But for non-Tesla owners, it is perhaps the last critical link across I-80 between California and SLC. Also a gateway north and south on U.S. 93.

Ely was supposed to be done last fall. But they re-designed the site they are using, and it set them back a few months. So too late for my trip back in September, but should be done Real Soon.

Apparently there is now also work underway in Austin and at Cold Springs Station. When we ate lunch at Cold Springs Station last fall, we talked with the owner. He was pretty excited about it getting installed - and bringing more business to his establishment. Especially since the State of Nevada is paying for it... (FWIW he also has a large solar setup on-site.)

Reactions: SnowFlyer