Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nevada Electric Highway map

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot

Attachments

• 4BA50F14-D0C5-40F1-98F3-9F3DCBCFE00C.png
    4BA50F14-D0C5-40F1-98F3-9F3DCBCFE00C.png
    317.9 KB · Views: 88
I just got the CHAdeMO adapter this past week primarily for that charger in Ely LOL. My youngest and I are headed out that way this Summer...

According to plugshare, someone tried to use it a few days ago and it didn't work. Hopefully they will have it fixed up for you soon! Backup plan is 14-50 charging at the KOA in Ely. When we were there last fall, they were very accommodating.

According to plugshare, someone tried to use it a few days ago and it didn't work. Hopefully they will have it fixed up for you soon! Backup plan is 14-50 charging at the KOA in Ely. When we were there last fall, they were very accommodating.
Thanks for that! We're planning on staying the night in Ely when we're out there. Will look up the KOA...

Thanks for that! We're planning on staying the night in Ely when we're out there. Will look up the KOA...

Here is our photo at the Ely KOA from plugshare. The red Model 3 is mine. You can actually reserve one of those teepees in the background overnight. Since I was driving solo, I just folded my rear seats down and camped in "Hotel Elon"...
476464.jpg

The Greenlots app still shows the CHAdeMO in Ely offline. I was also hoping someone could verify if this charger is actually functional. Since I am planning a road trip through there in August I wouldn't want to turn a potential 30 or 40 minute stop into a several hour stop since there aren't many charging options out there.

Does Greenlots require a membership or fob? Or can you pay as you go?

I tried using a Greenlots CHAdeMO in Amarillo years ago before the Amarillo SC was operational. They allowed pay as you go. I could not get the charger to work. I called Greenlots. They were quite nice, but they couldn't get the charger to work either. I then went to the Sheraton and used their HPWC while I ate breakfast.

I just noticed that the Nevada map has been recently updated as of Nov 2020:

A few rest area type spots were eliminated due to lack of power infrastructure. Also some changes due to EA building sites at the locations instead. This is all described in a more recent (March 2021) document at:

Interesting to read what the actual costs are for installing the CCS/CHAdeMO stations.