Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 100 kw pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Alexejew I will watch this post closely. Very interested to hear what you learn as a part of getting battery replacement in your X and what your SC tells you as to the reason your batteries died. What size batteries did you have before getting your new 100? I have Oct 2016 MX with 100 batteries, and they still seem quite good after 62K miles.

Surely your 2019 MX has more than 9K miles on it?

Is the question, Do I get a G battery from the 351mile Raven or H battery from the 371 mile Raven? Good question. Although those bumps to 351 and 371 I think were vehicle and battery changes, so even with the H battery, don't expect 371 miles range.

Reactions: VikH
@Alexejew I will watch this post closely. Very interested to hear what you learn as a part of getting battery replacement in your X and what your SC tells you as to the reason your batteries died. What size batteries did you have before getting your new 100? I have Oct 2016 MX with 100 batteries, and they still seem quite good after 62K miles.

Surely your 2019 MX has more than 9K miles on it?
I didn’t asked details, they mentioned just after running over the air diagnostic while my X was transported to SC determined battery needed to be swapped. Yes 9k miles

Changes made to the car design are where the changes in range come from, not the battery. A 100 Kwh battery is a 100 Kwh battery.
Not true Tesla has been using higher than 100kw batteries for the Ravens. The most recent battery improvement was said to be around 110-120kw that was put in Model X’s with a manufacture date around August. They get more range etc. If you could jailbreak it it will show that the battery has over 100kw of usable battery whereas the original 100 batteries had around 95. This obviously declines as the battery degrades. Every battery is not the same. Some are better than others but as the years have progressed Tesla has been making better 100 batteries along the way. All 2021 Ravens will have more than 100 battery. Most likely would be considered 110. They however do not disclose this but I’m pretty sure someone already hacked into one to show that the batteries have indeed improved.

• Disagree
Reactions: croman
Not true Tesla has been using higher than 100kw batteries for the Ravens. The most recent battery improvement was said to be around 110-120kw that was put in Model X’s with a manufacture date around August. They get more range etc. If you could jailbreak it it will show that the battery has over 100kw of usable battery whereas the original 100 batteries had around 95. This obviously declines as the battery degrades. Every battery is not the same. Some are better than others but as the years have progressed Tesla has been making better 100 batteries along the way. All 2021 Ravens will have more than 100 battery. Most likely would be considered 110. They however do not disclose this but I’m pretty sure someone already hacked into one to show that the batteries have indeed improved.
I thought I saw the H in the latet Ravens were like 104kwh total, with 101kwh usage and a small buffer.

Reactions: croman
I agree with dmurphy, hard to imagine they mean the drivetrain battery. What were the symptoms? If the car was unresponsive, it sounds like the 12V battery, an easy swap for the SC.
Actually Service Center replaced both 100 pack and 12v attached picture shows almost full charge with 0 readable miles

Attachments

• 4E9AD932-DE4F-4990-BC59-31166D385379.jpeg
    4E9AD932-DE4F-4990-BC59-31166D385379.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 109