Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Brunswick charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Travelling from Ottawa to PEI at the end of July. Hopefully there will be enough active level 3 chargers by then. Had a hard time finding a chademo adapter (Tesla Montreal and Tesla online were out of stock until at least the end of July). Tesla Toronto had them in stock and is sending one to my home. Just sold our minivan so we are pretty committed to taking our Model X now!

Reactions: Jaff
LOL at whoever changed all 10 descriptions on Plugshare back after I fixed them. There's no way their L2 chargers will provide 7.2kW.. this is their rated output on 240v power, but they will be on 3 phase providing 30A*208v = 6.2kW. Adjusting for voltage drop, more like 6kW. Quit your bamboozling.
I stand corrected! The construction manager has informed me that the L2 chargers will be supplied with 240 volts. Great news.

He is also seeking help commissioning the northernmost sites on the network within the next two weeks: Edmundston, Perth-Andover, Woodstock, Lake George, and eventually Grand Falls. I can't help as I'm back in Toronto now, but if anyone is able to step up and take the long drive through NB to help out, the rest of us would owe you a debt of gratitude. Please DM me for his contact info.

Travelling from Ottawa to PEI at the end of July. Hopefully there will be enough active level 3 chargers by then. Had a hard time finding a chademo adapter (Tesla Montreal and Tesla online were out of stock until at least the end of July). Tesla Toronto had them in stock and is sending one to my home. Just sold our minivan so we are pretty committed to taking our Model X now!

You will only need 2 stations to get from Riviere du Loup to PEI, I think (depending on your battery size). If you have a large enough battery, or are a bit brave, you might already be set with the Lincoln Big Stop station already open. RduL -> Lincoln is just under 400km.

But obviously another station closer to Quebec than Lincoln will be a big help.

As for chademo adapters, if you haven't bought one yet, the Quebec Tesla Owners club has chargers for loan, available for pick up in Montreal, Quebec, and Drummondville.

Thanks for the tips above guys! I have indeed purchased a Chademo adapter. I was aware of the loaners available but decided to purchase. There is a Chademo charger less than 5 minutes from my home in Ottawa and I'm sure I'll be thankful some day when I need a quick boost. I have an X60D so can't quite make the hops suggested above. One more charger in NB should do it though. I believe Quebec City to RDL may be a stretch too but with Chademo shouldn't be a problem. Can't bring myself to pay $6500 for the range upgrade :)

Edit: Drummondville to RDL is what I meant to say. 329 kms.

Last edited:
We love you and your USD$. Please come visit Canada any time!

But leave the guns and pepper spray at home, please. ;-)
:) We greatly enjoyed hiking and camping in some of Western Canada's finest parks last summer. Speaking of pepper spray, though, we were allowed to take our canisters of bear spray into Canada. It's definitely something you want to carry when hiking in brown bear country, and we did see grizzlies on both sides of the border, including an encounter on our hike at Mt. Revelstoke, BC. The funny thing is, bear spray is essentially pepper spray in larger containers with more powerful sprayers. (Thankfully, we never had to use it.) So, I'm not sure I quite understand the bugaboo over pepper spray at the border, but to each nation its own.

Eventually we'd like to tour the Maritimes and maybe even Newfoundland in our Tesla, so it's great to see CHAdeMO units going in!

Oh, and I like your handle with the first five digits of a Model S VIN!

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips above guys! I have indeed purchased a Chademo adapter... I believe Quebec City to RDL may be a stretch too but with Chademo shouldn't be a problem. Can't bring myself to pay $6500 for the range upgrade :)

Edit: Drummondville to RDL is what I meant to say. 329 kms.

Between Drummondville and RDL the CHAdeMO in Laurier Station is your safest bet for now. Why? In another thread someone reported that recently sold adapters appear to have an incompatibility with AddEnergie manufactured stations installed in or before May 2016. This could mean a problem in Levis and in La Pocatiere. Daveluyville and Laurier Station should be OK, but the former is very close to Drummondville. East of RDL the only older units are in Mont Joli and Halifax, but they are not on the transcanadian.

If you want to test for compatibility near your home, all of the Electric Circuit units in Ontario and the three in Gatineau are the newer model where there should be no problem. The closest at risk site is in L'Ange-Gardien off the A50.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mrElbe
No word on that. How can I connect the Edmundston person to the construction manager? Does anybody have a contact they could share with me privately?
Good call on the adaptor purchase.

FTR I believe the 60->75 upgrade now costs $2,150 CAD.

I would jump on it for $2,150 CAD but the Model X upgrade price was not dropped to that level (although it has dropped substantially).

Between Drummondville and RDL the CHAdeMO in Laurier Station is your safest bet for now. Why? In another thread someone reported that recently sold adapters appear to have an incompatibility with AddEnergie manufactured stations installed in or before May 2016. This could mean a problem in Levis and in La Pocatiere. Daveluyville and Laurier Station should be OK, but the former is very close to Drummondville. East of RDL the only older units are in Mont Joli and Halifax, but they are not on the transcanadian.

If you want to test for compatibility near your home, all of the Electric Circuit units in Ontario and the three in Gatineau are the newer model where there should be no problem. The closest at risk site is in L'Ange-Gardien off the A50.

Wow. Thanks for the insight. Adapter arrived today and I am keen to try it. Will make the trip to L'Ange-Gardien and report back.

Wow. Thanks for the insight. Adapter arrived today and I am keen to try it. Will make the trip to L'Ange-Gardien and report back.

New Chademo adapter worked in Kanata but not in L'Ange-Gardien. Discouraging since it is not a cheap adapter and I have grown accustomed to the convenience and simplicity of Tesla Superchargers for all of my usual long distance travel. In any case I'm glad to have received this crucial insight prior to heading to PEI. Thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: Jaff and mrElbe