Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Car Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New car day. Moving to the electric bandwagon and picking up my Model 3 Performance in an hour from Edinburgh SC. Can’t wait.

Never driven one before so any first day tips appreciated.
You have bought one without ever driving one? That's brave! I had one test drive when I realised the Performance acceleration gave me vertigo so started off ordering the SR+ and ended up switching to the LR. Top tip, they are really fast and really quiet so keep an eye on the speed! During the test drive down the M1 my wife was starting to accelerate strongly as we were heading into a sweeping bend at 85mph. I risked a domestic and shrieked!

You have bought one without ever driving one? That's brave! I had one test drive when I realised the Performance acceleration gave me vertigo so started off ordering the SR+ and ended up switching to the LR. Top tip, they are really fast and really quiet so keep an eye on the speed! During the test drive down the M1 my wife was starting to accelerate strongly as we were heading into a sweeping bend at 85mph. I risked a domestic and shrieked!

Yes, without the noise feedback from an engine you can sometimes underestimate speed ...

I’ve bought it without even sitting in one let alone drive it

I’ll be taking it easy until I’ve gotten used to it but love your story very funny

Would be interesting to hear your experience as I will be collecting from Edinburgh too. Never driven one either yet, but did at least see the showroom car which is identical spec to my order expect for the interior colour.

I hope the showroom car you saw was in better nick than the one in the Edinburgh shop last July! It seems that some passing parents were bringing their little darlings in to play ... it had clearly been mayhem! Jammy fingers and mucky footprints all over the white interior ... glovebox hanging open ... spittle on the inside of the windscreen from the brrm brrrm noises as they yanked at the steering wheel ... makes me shudder!

I hope the showroom car you saw was in better nick than the one in the Edinburgh shop last July! It seems that some passing parents were bringing their little darlings in to play ... it had clearly been mayhem! Jammy fingers and mucky footprints all over the white interior ... glovebox hanging open ... spittle on the inside of the windscreen from the brrm brrrm noises as they yanked at the steering wheel ... makes me shudder!

It could have been me....Sorry!

So all picked up and got so say really good service from the young ladies at the centre.

some paint and finish issues on the outside made more noticeable by the fact it’s a white car slight misaligned bumper but all recorded and hopefully get resolved. It’s not what you expect for the price you pay for the car but i’m ok with it as I was half expecting it after researching the hell out of the car.

I wish they paid as much attention to the outside of the car as they do the inside. Really pleased with the quality on the inside everything seems secure and well put together. Getting used to the set up if you’re a bit of a techie is simple enough.

I’ve come from a 2017 BMW 5 series but got to say very impressed with how it drives secure on the road and OMG very very quick. Took some family out for a quick spin and whilst they where impressed with the car it’s got to be said 3 grown 50 year old men killing them selves laughing at fart mode on the motorwa .

early days but impressed

Attachments

• 52A22DE8-2715-46FA-B1B9-EB5D886D7B3B.jpeg
    52A22DE8-2715-46FA-B1B9-EB5D886D7B3B.jpeg
    703.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20B38C29-CB8E-4E80-A55E-347234436A6C.jpeg
    20B38C29-CB8E-4E80-A55E-347234436A6C.jpeg
    642.4 KB · Views: 39
Very nice - Congrats !! Any future modifications in mind ?
Not a lover of the wood or the finger magnet piano black so likely get something to cover them.

also not a lover of chrome wish they had gone the same way as the Model Y and dechromed it. So that’s a distinct possibility but other than that not sure what else you can get done lol

Not a lover of the wood or the finger magnet piano black so likely get something to cover them.

also not a lover of chrome wish they had gone the same way as the Model Y and dechromed it. So that’s a distinct possibility but other than that not sure what else you can get done lol

Having watched a recent YouTube video, apparently the black trim isn't black! It's a a protective film with chrome underneath?
I do agree though, these should have been black and not chrome

Reactions: JohnA16