Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Car Ordering Timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Buster1, you can be assured that if you build a car today, Tesla will try it's hardest to get you the car by the close of the quarter. I just "built" four cars at tesla.com - both a custom 75D and 100D in each of a Model S and Model X and all four cars show a late September delivery. It's all about the numbers and quarter-ends are magic!

Reactions: Rossy
And gone is the drop down box for delivery timeframe, I believe. I have a "saved" order from a week or two ago. Just waiting to pull the trigger, but I had selected November delivery.

Now, going through a brand new order, I can't find the menu allowing me to select delivery month.

Once you actually commit to it, the timeline often changes... it's good to inquire at your local SC if there are production slots for the month you want. Mine told me there were September slots still available two weeks ago, I ordered, and it changed from 'late September' to 'September-early October', but my DS is still quite sure it will be here in September for EOQ, as usual in September.

Bottom line: don't take what it says on the Design Studio page as gospel! :D

@JCB_Arizona It was there when I ordered, but I don't recall if it was before or after you plunk down the $2500! It's not before, now.

And gone is the drop down box for delivery timeframe, I believe. I have a "saved" order from a week or two ago. Just waiting to pull the trigger, but I had selected November delivery.

Now, going through a brand new order, I can't find the menu allowing me to select delivery month.

It is probably the end of quarter push, Tesla's way of bumping up the deliveries to boost the end of quarter deliver numbers, especially since your both basically west coast deliveries easier to deliver on time...

now the shameful plug - if you need a referral code .... hint hint lol

good luck

Reactions: Rossy
Not sure if this data is accurate, but I had two referrals order cars last month, one on 7/1/2017, and one on 7/5/2017. Neither of them are showing as delivered yet, at least on my end. I don't know if that means that they are still waiting, or if they are cruising around in their cars and Tesla just hasn't updated the info to "delivered" on my end. I suppose 7 weeks out is certainly possible. My 2017 100D took about 6 weeks.

If all holds true, my delivery will be 59 days after confirmation. Since they build cars in batches, how long your wait is highly depends on when in the quarter you ordered and where you live. I ordered near the beginning of the quarter while they were focusing on overseas builds. If I had waited a few weeks to order, I'd have gotten the updated version with air suspension and interior lighting as standard and my delivery date wouldn't have changed much. That said, I don't think I could be more excited for delivery.

Reactions: Scoopa