Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Center Console notice email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked my DS and he said the new refreshed model S does some with the rear cup holders (at least the ones just produced). I'll believe it when I see it (in a few days when I pick mine up).

I wonder if the cutoff is the 70D? Because all the new refreshed 70Ds have the integrated console without the cupholders. Now that they are out of stock on those and finally producing refreshed 90's, rear cupholders are standard?

Reactions: Reekdog
I still have heard nothing new.... Was told by online orders via email that they would be shipping mine out to the SC at the end of last week. However, no word from either the SC or Tesla yet. However I did get an email that the iPhone connection hardware is shipping out to me. I ordered that for the Integrated Console as soon as it went up on the Tesla Gear website.

Patience is a Virtue I suppose....

I still have heard nothing new.... Was told by online orders via email that they would be shipping mine out to the SC at the end of last week. However, no word from either the SC or Tesla yet. However I did get an email that the iPhone connection hardware is shipping out to me. I ordered that for the Integrated Console as soon as it went up on the Tesla Gear website.

Patience is a Virtue I suppose....

And good communication is foundational. I'm unclear as to why Tesla still hasn't nailed that down. I mean, your part is in a warehouse, the computer clearly shows that. They have a rough idea how long it takes to go find it, put it on a truck and get it to a service center; you know, because they've literally been doing that since 2013.

This comes back to the problem with Tesla setting expectations, which has always been the core issue. And there is a disturbing trend I've noticed where instead of trying to do better at setting expectations, they just don't set them at all.

Well I do not know about that Supra.... just got an email from my Service Center that the new Integrated Console had just arrived and I am scheduled for an install on July 5th! I suspect it was shipped East by truck, not Fedex or UPS.

Very happy about the fact that it is finally here. I also received an email from Tesla that my Integrated Console phone dock kit has shipped out for the Integrated Console and I should have that in hand early next week. So things are moving along nicely. I did not want my install to go on during the end of quarter rush. All those folks at the Service Center are very busy delivering cars right now.

So this all worked out perfectly for all concerned!

Well I do not know about that Supra.... just got an email from my Service Center that the new Integrated Console had just arrived and I am scheduled for an install on July 5th! I suspect it was shipped East by truck, not Fedex or UPS.

Very happy about the fact that it is finally here. I also received an email from Tesla that my Integrated Console phone dock kit has shipped out for the Integrated Console and I should have that in hand early next week. So things are moving along nicely. I did not want my install to go on during the end of quarter rush. All those folks at the Service Center are very busy delivering cars right now.

So this all worked out perfectly for all concerned!

Seriously? I was literally the first person to order! How did you get it so quickly?!?!?

Attachments

• rear_cupholder_open_1024x1024.png
    rear_cupholder_open_1024x1024.png
    672.4 KB · Views: 77
It's supposed to be retractable. Did you try pushing on the rear console for the cup holders?

We are not aware of anybody with a new S who has the rear cup holders just yet. Mine went into production the same week a user received their console from the store which had rear cup holders. It finished production a couple days ago, so we will see what people are receiving now but I doubt I have them.

Reactions: Tico
Just received my iPhone adapter kit for the new Integrated Console via Fedex. Total turn around was about 11 days and I ordered it the first day it was up on the Tesla Gear Website...

Interesting that the description on the box is MODEL X PHONE ADAPTOR.

Also this is an end user install for the adaptor, the service center does not install this part. Looks very simple to accomplish and only tool needed is a phillips screwdriver and fingers.

This is just a bit more proof (to me at least) that the Integrated Console (IC) itself is in actuality, the Model X console, perhaps exactly the same or slightly different so that it will fit the Model S. As you may know, the Console on the Model X comes with the phone adapter kit and also has the hidden, pop out rear cup holders much like the new Model S Integrated Console.

BTW, my Integrated Console is waiting for me at the Milford, CT Service Center and will be installed on July 5th. Total wait time was about 4 months as I had the older drop in console on order and took advantage of the email from Tesla to switch it to the IC promptly. I will take some photos and get them posted when the install is done.

This will be the first time that my S will be visiting the SC since new. Nothing for them to do. She has been running perfectly.

Last but not least, here is the instruction page for the kit...
iPhone_Dock_Instructions_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100 and msnow