Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Center Console notice email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 90D ordered at the end of April and picked up on Monday does not have the rear cup holders. I have the Premium upgrade, but black interior with the base black ash trim.

Thanks it should just be a matter of time, maybe the ones entering production now. Maybe you will need premium but I doubt the trim choice will matter. By the way they are almost there now some USBs

Randy, in your expert opinion....

Are there enough pieces left over to take a sawzall to the bottom and fashion a rear center console?

I don't think so, but I guess it all depends on how creative and skilled one is to create one from these parts. Here is the collection of parts placed together to resemble the original center area. For me, they are just going back in the box and put up on the attic for the next owner...

IMG_20160610_101153255[1].jpg

Wow, it looks much better than the $600 drop in those of us in the past had installed. That one has thin walls that flex, the flip cover scrapes along the side on mine so doesn't open the full way now, and overall it scratches too easy and is a pretty mediocre quality product :-/

Odd. My drop-in doesn't have any of these issues at all. The quality is just from a look, touch, and functional standpoint as the new integrated factory units (without the rear cupholders) that I've played with.

So I'm thinking they didn't put it in the store till now because they were trying to get rid of their stock of center consoles without the rear cup holders. It wouldn't make sense to try to sell a different center to a refresh just to add the cup holders for $1200 so I am going with to go on a limb and say that cars being produced now will have the rear cup holders.

• Love
Reactions: Reekdog
image.png
I wanted to keep this a secret so that my order would get fulfilled first, but.... the Integrated Console is now available on the Tesla Accessories website.
thanks! Go here to see the Rear Cup holders... Yes, they really do exist Now the real question is, will this next group of refreshed MS's be delivered with the cup holder version of the center console? Hmmmmm

Here's the link for the phone kit

Last edited:
Reactions: Maximus8
So I'm thinking they didn't put it in the store till now because they were trying to get rid of their stock of center consoles without the rear cup holders. It wouldn't make sense to try to sell a different center to a refresh just to add the cup holders for $1200 so I am going with to go on a limb and say that cars being produced now will have the rear cup holders.
I asked my DS and he said the new refreshed model S does some with the rear cup holders (at least the ones just produced). I'll believe it when I see it (in a few days when I pick mine up).