Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New CPO Buyer Looking for Help in Houston

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the Rear Passenger Tire and both on the Driver Side are Michelin. The Front Passenger Tire is Continental.

In most cases, when you return a leased car with mismatched tires, you are usually billed several hundred for each mismatched tire.

I bet if you push back, they will fix this. MY OCD would really drive me nuts over the mismatched tire and I would have refused delivery unless they agreed to resolve the mismatched tire.

You know what is really ironic about Tesla selling you a car with mismatched tires? Tesla's own lease car return policy states that mismatched tires will be billed as "excess wear" with the customer billed for each mismatched tire. Apparently, Tesla feels mismatched tires are not acceptable when leased cars are returned.

"Tread depths less than 4/32”; tires that do not meet Tesla’s standards for size and/or rating (speed and seasonal); mismatched tires (other than brand); or dry rot, cupped, cut, or sidewall plugs"

Excess Wear and Use Guide

• Informative
Reactions: Donz_S
In most cases, when you return a leased car with mismatched tires, you are usually billed several hundred for each mismatched tire.

I bet if you push back, they will fix this. MY OCD would really drive me nuts over the mismatched tire and I would have refused delivery unless they agreed to resolve the mismatched tire.

You know what is really ironic about Tesla selling you a car with mismatched tires? Tesla's own lease car return policy states that mismatched tires will be billed as "excess wear" with the customer billed for each mismatched tire. Apparently, Tesla feels mismatched tires are not acceptable when leased cars are returned.

"Tread depths less than 4/32”; tires that do not meet Tesla’s standards for size and/or rating (speed and seasonal); mismatched tires (other than brand); or dry rot, cupped, cut, or sidewall plugs"

Excess Wear and Use Guide

Yeah. And I pointed out to them that their manual states that tires should be replaced in pairs for staggered wheel set-ups, so this goes against their own service manual. The issue is that I flew to Houston to pick it up and refusing it would have cost me 2 days of vacation, a hotel that night and a $500+ flight home. I knew that I was probably going to have to live with an issue if it came up. This was better than finding out a leather seat was torn up or something like that.

Regarding the fact that they probably charged the previous owner and pocketed the money, I completely agree. I've seen examples on this forum of a CPO buyer receiving photos of a vehicle that had a center console, then when they received it, the center console had been removed. It appears that Tesla is removing them so the new owners will also have to buy them. Whether or not they are reselling them is anyone's guess. I don't expect so, but I expect my loaded vehicle probably had one and it was removed so that I now have to buy it again for $1,250 (which I am doing).

I think them removing the center console is somewhat understandable as removing aftermarket products is typical when selling cars to avoid any issues with parts added to the vehicle after purchase.

The mismatched tire is a bit different as the car originally came with 4 matching tires...

I bet if you escalate it, they will fix this for you. Tesla clearly does not believe it is okay to have mismatched tires in a car as their lease return guidelines specifically state that.