Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New deliveries come with rear door PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 183xxx VIN doesn't have either PPF or Mudflaps. I installed the OEM mudflaps myself but the PPF has been sold out since before I placed my order. Honestly not sure if I would bother with the PPF since I don't live in a snowy place.

Front mud flaps and PPF on the rear doors only get installed by the factory on new Model Y vehicles destined for Canada and the northern US states.
I can confirm that southern US does not receive mud flaps and PPF. I picked mine up Saturday and already installed the mud flaps. Might just take it to get front PPF and that rear doors done. Just worried that part of the car will look different then the rest. The other issue with only partial PPF is I would imagine after time the paint will fade differently between the parts covered and not.

2098XX

I can confirm that southern US does not receive mud flaps and PPF. I picked mine up Saturday and already installed the mud flaps. Might just take it to get front PPF and that rear doors done. Just worried that part of the car will look different then the rest. The other issue with only partial PPF is I would imagine after time the paint will fade differently between the parts covered and not.

2098XX
Get Ceramic Fusion Plus on the whole car. Prevents oxidation and fading for life.

I'm curious to learn; were the mud flaps and more specifically the PPF were installed at the factory in Freemont, CA or at the local service center? My experience with installing the Tesla PPF on the rear door panels of my Model Y is after about 24 hours you can't coax a bubble out from under the PPF unless the bubble is very close to the edge of the PPF.