Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW EAP Trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Likewise. I got a response to my escalation last week Wednesday. They will reissue trial to me 5-7 business days. @ lasdj, you can submit an email escalation off of your Tesla account log in.
Well I did recieve a call saying that they will get back to me in 2 to 3 business days but that was last Monday and given then Thanksgiving weekend I will wait until Thursday. If nothing by then I will log into my Tesla acct and email them.

Thanks... So do I just select ask a question from my account? Should the category be "Vehicle" or "Other". Also should I check the box for "Escalate to executive"

@mmccking Tesla customer service called me back a couple minutes ago, I called yesterday asking about the trial and price since I did the 2 week trial already. I brought up Elon’s tweet from 11/9 and the lady looked it up and verified it. She told me today that she and her manager were able to pull up all other cases with this issue and are able to make it happen, I will be getting the trial and the reduced pricing. She said now management around the call center knows of this. I would call back and mention the tweet at least.

Reactions: mmccking
@mmccking Tesla customer service called me back a couple minutes ago, I called yesterday asking about the trial and price since I did the 2 week trial already. I brought up Elon’s tweet from 11/9 and the lady looked it up and verified it. She told me today that she and her manager were able to pull up all other cases with this issue and are able to make it happen, I will be getting the trial and the reduced pricing. She said now management around the call center knows of this. I would call back and mention the tweet at least.
Let us know when you end up getting the pricing and trial again.

I've called Tesla 3-4 times in the past few weeks, trying to talk them into giving me the V9 EAP trial. No go so far yet. Their flimsy excuse is since I had the V8 EAP trial, I am not allowed to try the newer better EAP version to properly evaluate it before spending $5500 on buying EAP. Looks like I better be a little more persistent.

You'd think they would want to represent their best product to get more sales and make more money. Apparently not?

I've called Tesla 3-4 times in the past few weeks, trying to talk them into giving me the V9 EAP trial. No go so far yet. Their flimsy excuse is since I had the V8 EAP trial, I am not allowed to try the newer better EAP version to properly evaluate it before spending $5500 on buying EAP. Looks like I better be a little more persistent.

You'd think they would want to represent their best product to get more sales and make more money. Apparently not?

It is unfortunate that not all the managers or SC reps that work there aren't on the same page. If you call enough times, you might get someone that could actually help you.

Call them again and mention Elon's tweet. He said he will enable it again for people who only had the V8 trial but not the V9. I got a second email last week Thursday telling me my trial will be reset and pushed out to me in 1-2 days. No trial yet but in Telsa time that probably means one week.

I was just re-given the EAP trial, this time 30-days on v9 vs. 14-days with v8. This also enabled the $5500+ tax purchase option.

I created a service ticket via my Telsa account and was contacted by a rep a few days before my appointed service day. I sent him a link to post #75, he had some internal discussions, then had engineering re-enable the trial. Took a few days once we were in contact with each other.

I have to say, although it's difficult to get to someone without physically getting to a SC, but once you do, they do a great job at follow up. Granted this is only with my 4 personal experiences, but it's nice to not get lost in the shuffle despite the back-and-forth lag of email, normal working hours, and weekends. Especially during this time with such a quick rise in ownership numbers, which I am assuming created a huge uptick in service tickets. Maybe it's been my luck to have had good CS reps take my tickets, but I hope it's due to stringent processes. Sure I haven't always gotten the response I was hoping for, but at least I got one.

I was just re-given the EAP trial, this time 30-days on v9 vs. 14-days with v8. This also enabled the $5500+ tax purchase option.

I created a service ticket via my Telsa account and was contacted by a rep a few days before my appointed service day. I sent him a link to post #75, he had some internal discussions, then had engineering re-enable the trial. Took a few days once we were in contact with each other.

I have to say, although it's difficult to get to someone without physically getting to a SC, but once you do, they do a great job at follow up. Granted this is only with my 4 personal experiences, but it's nice to not get lost in the shuffle despite the back-and-forth lag of email, normal working hours, and weekends. Especially during this time with such a quick rise in ownership numbers, which I am assuming created a huge uptick in service tickets. Maybe it's been my luck to have had good CS reps take my tickets, but I hope it's due to stringent processes. Sure I haven't always gotten the response I was hoping for, but at least I got one.

What version is your car on, I called them and they told me they were in the process of re-rolling the trial out to everyone but I was behind in updates (was missing the second map update), well, last night, I just got 2018.46.2 - My trial hasn't been re-enabled yet..

For those don't have time or don't want to wait on the phone, try the new CHAT feature in the support page
Software Updates

You should see an icon in the lower right hand corner. I chatted today to ask about the new 30 day trial. The CS asked me if I had the 14 day EAP before and I told him yes. He told me that because I did the 14 day trial, the system won't enable the 30 day trial but he will escalate it to see if they would allow it. So now the waiting begin. I told him if I don't see an email response next week, I will get back on Chat again... Wish me luck.

OP here.

I finally got my 30 Day trail and $5,500 price today. Price shows on the car and my Tesla page. I will be purchasing it at the end of the trial.

I know a lot of people give others a hard time saying we're trying to get something for nothing, and they are untitled to their opinion. I fell like Tesla should provide trials for every version that comes out with new improvements. If they are going to give a discount to some, it should be for all. I was willing to pay the 6K but by the time I made that choice, the price went up to 7K. That's a large price swing for me to justify.

After over a month, four calls (most of which transferred me), 3 promises to call back (only one did), 2 email chains, and one Elon tweet, I was able to make it happen. Thinking back, I could have worked a part time job for all the time spent, and made the money I saved (fyi, this was a joke).

Anyway, the path that ended up working was email through my Tesla account and checked "Escalate this concern for executive review". I still had to push them to help, they tried to tell me to call. I ended up dealing with one person through the 12 deep email chain. I hope this helps someone else. Really I hope they will just flip the switch to re-enable for everyone and be done with it.

VIN: 70***
SW: 2018.42.4

Right on Striker!! I agree with you 100% and I was on the same path as you. My journey to get the Autopilot Trial started on Nov 5. I hope it will end tomorrow. My tesla support contact told me my trial has been re-pushed to my car and it should be available tomorrow. That is 7 days after he told me I should have gotten it. We'll see how it goes. We all just have to be patient and persistent.

I was just re-enabled for the new 30 day trial and $5500 price today as well, after an executive escalation. I was told that they internally announced a process to re-enable the trial, so the service agents should be aware of it. But it's a process where they have to submit your vehicle into the process manually, so I'm not sure if everyone gets it automatically at this time. So if you want it, you probably should call...

Same here. I replied to my first email from 4 weeks ago where they denied my request asking if anything has changed with their policy to reenable and that some people I've read got it reactivated and within one day I get an email back about reactivation. I haven't checked my car tho so don't know how fast it'll get to my car.

FYI my situation was I accidentally disabled/cancelled the 30 day trial within the first day of getting the trial.