Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Electric trunk photographed at factory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-10-18_14-49-15.jpeg

Tesla are finally waking up to the competition. They now have to provide more of what the customer demands and less of what they think they can add and take off the spec on a whim. I joke that in the past car owners would "pimp" their cars to some degree to make them more personal. Tesla owners actually are finishing the job off Tesla tried to do. Sound deadening, door rubber seals, after market tints mats, interior lights de chroming etc.

I still want my dimming mirrors back!!!

Reactions: JS77 and pow216
Tesla are finally waking up to the competition. They now have to provide more of what the customer demands and less of what they think they can add and take off the spec on a whim. I joke that in the past car owners would "pimp" their cars to some degree to make them more personal. Tesla owners actually are finishing the job off Tesla tried to do. Sound deadening, door rubber seals, after market tints mats, interior lights de chroming etc.

I still want my dimming mirrors back!!!

I think you are being unfair. Musk said of Fisker many moons ago: Design is not going to solve the climate change issue. Meaning it takes (very) hard engineering to solve the electric vehicle challenge. Tesla poured their efforts in making a car that can go 300+ miles, be more affordable, be very efficient, be safest, have OTA convenience, etc. Other manufacturers - your so called competition - took the Fisker approach: Napa leather, silicon / rubber door seals, automatic trunk openers, etc. on electric cars that frankly suck and no one wants to buy.

Given how things stand today, you can see it's much easier for Tesla to add a trunk opener than it is for VW to make an electric vehicle that sells. So when you are dismissing Tesla's choices, I am afraid one needs to be reminded of history and how it came to be.

I think you are being unfair. Musk said of Fisker many moons ago: Design is not going to solve the climate change issue. Meaning it takes (very) hard engineering to solve the electric vehicle challenge. Tesla poured their efforts in making a car that can go 300+ miles, be more affordable, be very efficient, be safest, have OTA convenience, etc. Other manufacturers - your so called competition - took the Fisker approach: Napa leather, silicon / rubber door seals, automatic trunk openers, etc. on electric cars that frankly suck and no one wants to buy.

Given how things stand today, you can see it's much easier for Tesla to add a trunk opener than it is for VW to make an electric vehicle that sells. So when you are dismissing Tesla's choices, I am afraid one needs to be reminded of history and how it came to be.
I do agree with you but he would say that he has to sell his artificially high priced model 3 to save the world. It wouldn't cost Elon the earth..literaly.. to add some price point luxury. Oh!..he is now isn't he!