Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New England Model S Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Presumably you're not getting a 40kWh battery...

That is correct... there will be no 40kwh battery; however, I am still getting the 40kwh version. The car will have the 60kwh battery with the software limited to 40kwh. We will see how that works out and if I need more, I can call Tesla and have it upgraded. Received VIN 10281 today. Delivery in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

That is correct... there will be no 40kwh battery; however, I am still getting the 40kwh version. The car will have the 60kwh battery with the software limited to 40kwh. We will see how that works out and if I need more, I can call Tesla and have it upgraded. Received VIN 10281 today. Delivery in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

What's your delivery window?

Been itching to extend this thread to the southwest. Picked up my car two weeks ago and love every minute. I do find that i drive more slowly than in my Audi. ... perhaps i'm still getting used to the size and weight of the car. Note that this means going 70-75 rather than 80 so not really poking along. No issues to report so far.

Tesla has figured out the CT registration process; I received my plates via FedEx 10 days after delivery.

Been itching to extend this thread to the southwest. Picked up my car two weeks ago and love every minute. I do find that i drive more slowly than in my Audi. ... perhaps i'm still getting used to the size and weight of the car. Note that this means going 70-75 rather than 80 so not really poking along. No issues to report so far..
Congrats on the delivery! I find I still drive more slowly on average than I did in my Audi; I think this is because I can see so tangibly how much more energy that extra 5-10mph takes. Of course, it took just as much in the Audi -- probably more, given that it had a worse drag coefficient, and the unit-price of ICE energy (gasoline) is much higher than the unit-price of EV energy. It's just the impact of additional information.

Congrats on the delivery! I find I still drive more slowly on average than I did in my Audi; I think this is because I can see so tangibly how much more energy that extra 5-10mph takes. Of course, it took just as much in the Audi -- probably more, given that it had a worse drag coefficient, and the unit-price of ICE energy (gasoline) is much higher than the unit-price of EV energy. It's just the impact of additional information.

Welcome, JohnQ! Lots of former Audi drivers here.

I'm suffering Model S withdrawal - over a week now, and while I love our A4 and am glad I decided to hang on to it for a few months, it's just not the same (though I drive equally fast in both). Dropped off the S at Hollis Auto Body a week ago Sunday night to have the door replaced where someone slid into me in a snowstorm, expecting to have it Friday. They had trouble mixing the paint (no official mix instructions in the system) so needed until Monday, then they called yesterday because after replacing the door the handle isn't working properly. Tesla tech was there yesterday and will take it over to Watertown tomorrow to address that and a few other issues while I'm on a business trip. Hope to have the car back Friday...

My car is on the truck. Delivery pickup at Watertown for 10am on the 21st. Also, finally influenced a coworker (Consumer Reports article the final straw) to give up his H2 and buy a Model S. He is test driving in Natick on Friday and putting a deposit down for a P85.

Picked up my car yesterday. There were a couple of issues, but quickly resolved by the team. The car exceeds my expectations in all categories. The drive to work this morning was unquestionably different.

Congrats, took me a day and a half to get used to the single pedal driving. Still enjoying it immensely after 6,000+ miles.

My car got initialized yesterday, pea sized hail. Then when we got back to my car my daughter had left her window open a crack.

Picked up my gray 40 kwh yesterday. Small chip in the windshield is going to be fixed this week. Noticed the microphone for the handsfree phone doesn't seem to work (I can hear the person on the other end, but they can't hear me). Any common issues I should be looking for?

Picked up my gray 40 kwh yesterday. Small chip in the windshield is going to be fixed this week. Noticed the microphone for the handsfree phone doesn't seem to work (I can hear the person on the other end, but they can't hear me). Any common issues I should be looking for?

Congrats - not heard of the microphone issue, call or email ownership or the service center.

Congrats - not heard of the microphone issue, call or email ownership or the service center.

I searched for the problem on this site and saw there were a few others with the same issue. Of course, it could be a stupid user issue. :smile: But I actually read the manual after I had the problem and it doesn't look like I missed anything.

Service is going to check it out when the replace the windshield. So that's why I want to see if there are any other common issues I should check before service gets the car so I don't have to to a second trip to get things fixed. Any help appreciated.

I searched for the problem on this site and saw there were a few others with the same issue. Of course, it could be a stupid user issue. :smile: But I actually read the manual after I had the problem and it doesn't look like I missed anything.

Service is going to check it out when the replace the windshield. So that's why I want to see if there are any other common issues I should check before service gets the car so I don't have to to a second trip to get things fixed. Any help appreciated.

Ask them about the replacement vent for the defroster, but make sure they have a few hours to do it, as they have to take apart the dashboard. As your car is newer, you probably already have the new defroster vents anyway..