Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 2.5 years of Tesla fandom, stalking the Hooksett and W. Lebanon supercharger buildouts to post updates here, and spending I-hate-to-think-how-much-time on TMC, I guess it's time for a proper "check in"

On Saturday, I put a deposit on P56903, a P85+ w/ AP. The car is currently in TX, and seems to have spent its life in Austin. Yesterday, the Pre-Owned Advisor told me it currently takes 3-6 weeks to deliver CPO's.
Sweet congrats and plenty of safe and happy miles when it arrives!
Art

After 2.5 years of Tesla fandom, stalking the Hooksett and W. Lebanon supercharger buildouts to post updates here, and spending I-hate-to-think-how-much-time on TMC, I guess it's time for a proper "check in"

On Saturday, I put a deposit on P56903, a P85+ w/ AP. The car is currently in TX, and seems to have spent its life in Austin. Yesterday, the Pre-Owned Advisor told me it currently takes 3-6 weeks to deliver CPO's.

Congratulations! I didn't realize they had made P85+ with AP, but I guess they overlapped for the last few months of 2014?

IMG_4582.JPG
IMG_4579.JPG
Thank you! It's going to be good to be back! Despite my best efforts, unfortunately due to work commitments I am unable to take time off to drive cross country! Pretty bummed. See pic attached though. Trailer width 80", Model S width 77.3". I guess every inch matters even to cars eh?!

Reactions: Gwgan and EdA
After watching the Tesla story for four or five years, I finally picked up a 2014 CPO Model S yesterday. I have a Model 3 reservation and spent many hours in the forums, but I couldn't wait anymore. It was also hard to wait the month from deposit until delivery, but everything is looking good. The car looks like new. I'm impressed with the preparation and, of course, very happy to join the ev world! Blue S85 P42448.

I'm in western Massachusetts and last month pulled the trigger on a mostly loaded late 2013 P85 Model S. Ordered it online on 12/4 and drove it away from the Dedham Service Center on 12/15. I was a little nervous the car was ready much sooner than expected. They claimed it was CPO certified in July upon being traded in. But apart from a couple minor things, the car was very clean and obviously pampered by the previous owner. The car did come with some unexpected upgrades: a Tesla integrated center console with iPhone dock, and Xpel protection on the hood, fenders, bumpers, etc. I also pushed them for a parcel shelf. The Dedham location was very busy and the delivery experience was somewhat disappointing. I had to do my walkthrough of the vehicle outside on a cold 12F day. The car was still programmed with the previous owners name, and they left his registration in the glove box.

I've had my eye on a Tesla since 2011. I leased a Nissan Leaf in 2013 and have enjoyed 42K gas-free miles, but kept hunkering for more (range and infrastructure). I extended my lease 18 months hoping that there would be more EV options to transition to. But even 3 years later, every other EV car manufacturer is not even close to achieving the range and infrastructure that Tesla has. I'm planning on buying out the Leaf and giving it to my wife. I thought I'd let her drive the Tesla, but it's become my precious! Fortunately she's not a car person.

IMG_0371.jpg

Reactions: Nikxice
Thanks @EdA! It's a blue metallic. It wasn't my first choice of color, but it has grown on me and now I'm quite fond of it. I really liked the elusive green, but couldn't find one with the right options.

Congratulations @outerlimits, you'll love it! I had a 2013 S85 in blue metallic - a beautiful color that changes with the light. The green was just a little too dark for me.

Hello all, just pulled the trigger on a cpo 14 dark metallic blue s85. In the cpo process as we speak!

I'm in Hyde Park and checking out contractors to put in a ESVE at my house. Any body know a guy?

I'm also interested in a ceramic coating and good tint. Any suggestions?

I can recommend a good, honest electrician, who installed my Tesla Wall Connector and an entire new service for my car charger. I am in East Dedham, right next door to you. Electrician's shop is on East Milton St., just over the line from Readville. Try calling John Vespa Electrical Contractor at 617-325-1151. Here is a link to his web site: John Vespa Electrical Contractor LLC – Electrical Service |Dedham MA

You can tell him that David Bryant referred you.

And Congratulations, and good luck!

Reactions: EdA
I can recommend a good, honest electrician, who installed my Tesla Wall Connector and an entire new service for my car charger. I am in East Dedham, right next door to you. Electrician's shop is on East Milton St., just over the line from Readville. Try calling John Vespa Electrical Contractor at 617-325-1151. Here is a link to his web site: John Vespa Electrical Contractor LLC – Electrical Service |Dedham MA

You can tell him that David Bryant referred you.

And Congratulations, and good luck!

And if you'd like more details on the work that Vespa did for me, there are more details and photos in this post:
Successful completion of Condo charging installation – Now I can charge at home!

And if you'd like more details on the work that Vespa did for me, there are more details and photos in this post:
Successful completion of Condo charging installation – Now I can charge at home!

Awesome information. I'll be contacting him ASAP! I don't have too many concerns with installation other than hoping my electrical system can handle another 240v outlet. Looks like Vespa has more than enough knowledge to give me some information and guidance. Thank you!!!

Have you used Crafts detailing in Dedham for any services? I was debating an opticoat or clear bra.

Awesome information. I'll be contacting him ASAP! I don't have too many concerns with installation other than hoping my electrical system can handle another 240v outlet. Looks like Vespa has more than enough knowledge to give me some information and guidance. Thank you!!!

Have you used Crafts detailing in Dedham for any services? I was debating an opticoat or clear bra.

No, I have not. Sorry. I have not had either one done -- my car is leased so I have been a bit conservative in that area.
By the way, if you want to stop by and show off your car when you get it, just send me a private message and I'll give you my address. Love to see it and meet a nearby Tesla owner!