Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Each night at home involves obsessively reading forums, articles, comments, etc. etc. I thought it would lessen after I actually placed/confirmed my order, but just the opposite. :tongue:

It doesn't get any better after the car arrives either! 5 years on this forum and I still try to read every darn post...don't succeed, but I try!

Welcome! I'm curious why you requested the delayed delivery. You're going to miss autumn driving in your new Model S!
I actually just changed the preference to October. My current car is on a lease until around the end of November (last payment the end of October) and I didn't want to do too many months where I had double payments. So even if it comes in early October I should be okay.

An update: now officially in Portland, Maine! Very glad that I bought the extended Ranger service. If you're planning a visit, toss me an IM if you'd like to say hello. With 80A charging in a nearby parking garage, Portland isn't quite the charging desert it was.

Welcome to your new home! Be careful what you ask for... For you will surely get it! Visitors that is. Portland is strategically a good place for charging. I have to go to Great Barrington, MA tomorrow 06/16/14 which is also a charging desert like Portland used to be. Wish I knew somebody out there with 80A!

Hello beautiful people!

As you can see I've been a member of the forums for a while now, but kinda had a ~5 year hiatus where I didn't post. :redface: My obsession with Tesla has been reignited tho now that I am actually able to get a Model S!

Went to college in Boston, spent a year living in NZ, and then went back to Boston to graduate and then hung around. I currently live in Back Bay (no driveway or garage tho :eek:).

Actually grew up in Nor Cal - with EVs and solar since I was 10 years old. We had a red EV-1 :crying: <--(my cry face) and hilariously my parents' house still has the outdoor charger for it in their driveway. We all consider it a monument to the almost-death and then rebirth of EVs. *pours out a 40*

My dad was in the #300s (not Sig) for the Roadster, but dropped his reservation when they got more expensive during one of the many pricing changes. He also had an Aptera reservation (RIP), and a LEAF reservation (changed mind). A few years later he got a low #200s (also not Sig) Model S which he drives daily and charges 100% with solar.

I'm an artist and I've been compelled to draw some Tesla fanart, and shirt designs lately. Maybe I'll post them on the forums at some point. I'm also an aspiring filmmaker, so maybe I'll make some cool Tesla vids! :biggrin:

Anyway, hope to see ya'll around! My other half and I tend to go on very long, meandering drives all around New England, through small towns, forest roads, and the occasional dirt road. Some of these joyrides last anywhere from 2 -15 hours. We enjoy driving just for the sake of it and think New England is beautiful. We also have a tendency to drive around in the middle of the night a lot (and thus been pulled over by cops many times, lol), and we've ended up just sleeping in the car more than once. A Model S would make these trips a lot more guilt-free (no gas) and comfortable I think.

See signature for the specs. We could have gotten it by June but we're out of the country till Aug. Within a week of receiving it, I will be driving cross-country to CA with it for a wedding (another reason I decided to pull the trigger and buy the S).

Still difficult waiting, but the TMC forums and Ben Goodwin's videos have been keeping me sane.

- Julie

Greetings everyone!

My wife and I live in Cambridge and after a lot of research and some discussions (and debates) we just placed an order for a P85 Model S! Wooot!

We are heading into the showroom in Natick on Monday to make some final decisions on color and interior and then we will be confirming our order.

I've been a computer geek since I was 8 when my dad taught me how to program our Commodore 64 computer. I've been following Elon Musk for a number of years now and always looked at the Tesla's as the cars of the future. Still though, I have NEVER been a car guy so I didn't even really entertain one. When my Dad came for a visit to Boston, he wanted to go see a Tesla in the showroom in Natick, so we went out there. When I saw the inside of the Model S, with it's amazing 17" display and door handles that pop out, I was in love. It's just so elegant and amazing. Then when my wife (who is the more fiscally cautious one) mentioned something about how getting a Tesla might be nice... and the wheels started turning in my head. I could actually own this car! We had a Model S brought to our garage to make sure it fit (it did) and took a test drive. The test drive was incredible and many 'tesla grins' were happening whenever we accelerated. Anyways, we are now very much looking forward to taking delivery in a few months :)

Greetings everyone!

... Anyways, we are now very much looking forward to taking delivery in a few months :)

Congrats, and welcome to TMC. Use the time to get your home set up for charging, i.e. install either a NEMA 14-50 receptacle or the HPWC. You'll want power from day 1; otherwise, it's like getting a new toy for Christmas but without the battery.