Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New feature, pop the door on latest app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of versions does anyone know why I am still on 24? As I’ve stated in other posts I am a new Tesla owner and I’m not sure how it works but I do have FSD and I’ve been stuck on this version since getting the car a month ago.
I’m also still on 2022.24 where people on here have had .36.1, .36.2 and now 36.4. I don’t think there is a way to speed up getting an update but I always seem to be a month or so behind the first people on here saying they have it. The early adopters seem to pick up all the bugs so wouldn’t worry too much. It will come eventually 👍🏻

Reactions: therealjimbob
Its logically the best environment in order to get the latest updates as soon as but as mentioned not a given indeed. Both our cars are setup the same "advanced" and park side by side with good wifi connection at home. However, they can be weeks, sometimes up to a month apart and sometimes will jump/bypass some updates.

I’m also still on 2022.24 where people on here have had .36.1, .36.2 and now 36.4. I don’t think there is a way to speed up getting an update but I always seem to be a month or so behind the first people on here saying they have it. The early adopters seem to pick up all the bugs so wouldn’t worry too much. It will come eventually 👍🏻
Thanks so much. This was actually worrying me a little. At least now I know others are also still on this update.

I actually rearranged my Wi-Fi pods to make it so that I now have Wi-Fi in my driveway. So I guess it’s just a waiting game now 😝

You get the update notification regardless of WiFi or not. It comes over LTE. You just need the wifi to do the download, and even then, its not unheard of for Tesla to push an update over LTE so alas you can only go so long and avoid the connect to wifi to download nag. It took them 5 months last time though and do still get the new update available to download prompt even though we are no longer attached to WiFi.

So you wouldn't have missed anything by not having wifi.

For those without Wifi, some Supercharger sites also provide a dedicated WiFi connection to the car, so the car will latch onto that too. Not sure if there would be enough time to get a full download in during a charge session though.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Js1977
Just in case you didn’t get this yet, I just figured it out. You have to use both hands. Move the icon to the far right corner, while holding that icon in the far right corner (to the right of the last icon) move the first icon over toward the second icon. It will then add your icon as the fifth icon.

This super confusing but it worked for me.
Found a video link.

I’m able to add the icon to the favorites but it’s not opening the door for me, even when right by the car… it only unlocks the car. Anyone experience this?
Which icon are you pressing to pop the door open? And this is available only after you update to 2022.36.x or higher, so if you have previous versions of software you don’t get the icon to pop the door open.

Thank you... didn't realize there was a long-press involved here. Been waiting for it to just 'show up' for me. Glad I looked here!
Yes, the world of Tesla incorporates quite a large amount of "assumed knowledge"! (Oh, and welcome to the UK & Ireland section of the forum in case you hadn't spotted .. ;) . It's sometimes relevant if you have a question that turns out to be country specific.)