Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New feature, pop the door on latest app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As has already been mentioned - as far as I can tell there is no control for this anywhere in the app. You have to move it to and replace one of the other quick controls to use it . There’s no confirmation with the press either - it immediately pops the drivers door. The window is dropped too.

Now that they’ve shown this is possible it would be cool to have the ability to pop any door from a UI inside the car, like Model X owners can do. Would make it much easier for passengers to get in, currently I have to roll down the window and tell them what to do with the handle.
As noted above, the door will not open unless the phone is within close proximity to the car. I agree that a confirmatory press would be a welcome addition but it is a form of fail-safe as it exists right now.

If you want the ability to choose any door to open, this can be done with S3XY Buttons.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
As has already been mentioned - as far as I can tell there is no control for this anywhere in the app. You have to move it to and replace one of the other quick controls to use it . There’s no confirmation with the press either - it immediately pops the drivers door. The window is dropped too.

Now that they’ve shown this is possible it would be cool to have the ability to pop any door from a UI inside the car, like Model X owners can do. Would make it much easier for passengers to get in, currently I have to roll down the window and tell them what to do with the handle.
+1
One of my first time passengers actually found intuitively the manual release handle instead of the button first. Was nervous for my window trim!

Reactions: M1tch and Durzel
It's a clever bit of kit but I'm having a hard time justifying 500 quid just to access things that are already here in the car, but just not accessible due to the poor UI...
Each to their own but to me it was worth it for the functionality. I paid £180 on a sale through Amazon for a pack of 4 and later bought a six pack for £225 so they are on both of our Teslas.

Im not to sure about the 2 hand manoeuvre but if if it works for you so be it!....However. this is meant to be a favourite/shortcut to where?.....I mean as to where else within the app?.... I dont want it on the main screen since as mentioned it could lead to accidental not easy to reverse mistakes so my question is where can one drill down into the app should the need arise 🧐
Unfortunately, as far as I can see right now it’s not available anywhere else. Also I noticed that it doesn’t work for any cars that are running anything under 2022.36. I am running 2022.24 and it doesn’t work for me.

I downloaded version 4.14.1 of the app to try the drivers door unlatch feature.

Very useful. But a big caution! There's no "are you sure?" prompt like there is for opening the bonnet.
So I just decided to leave it off my shortcuts button row.

The risk of my trouser pocket contents accidentally unlatching the door while I'm many miles away to do anything about it just isn't worth the convenience I would otherwise have!

It only works when your phone is close to your car. So no chance of an accidental unlock.

I just tried it from inside the house...

Screenshot_20221021-114400_Tesla.jpg

I downloaded version 4.14.1 of the app to try the drivers door unlatch feature.

Very useful. But a big caution! There's no "are you sure?" prompt like there is for opening the bonnet.
So I just decided to leave it off my shortcuts button row.

The risk of my trouser pocket contents accidentally unlatching the door while I'm many miles away to do anything about it just isn't worth the convenience I would otherwise have!
If no "key" then no unlatch

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221021_134648.jpg
    Screenshot_20221021_134648.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20221021_134826.jpg
    Screenshot_20221021_134826.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 49
As per the very first post in this thread ... ;)
Sorry about that LOL. It literally slipped my mind. I was coming back and forth to write this and completely forgot about the first post LMAO. Only remembered that it doesn’t work with my car which is on 2022.24.

Speaking of versions does anyone know why I am still on 24? As I’ve stated in other posts I am a new Tesla owner and I’m not sure how it works but I do have FSD and I’ve been stuck on this version since getting the car a month ago.

Sorry about that LOL. It literally slipped my mind. I was coming back and forth to write this and completely forgot about the first post LMAO. Only remembered that it doesn’t work with my car which is on 2022.24.

Speaking of versions does anyone know why I am still on 24? As I’ve stated in other posts I am a new Tesla owner and I’m not sure how it works but I do have FSD and I’ve been stuck on this version since getting the car a month ago.
It helps if your car is connected to wifi when you park at home or you can tether it to your phone. Might also help if you put the software update to "advanced" in the cars menu.

Reactions: therealjimbob
I found being connected to Wi-Fi makes no difference with how often you get the yellow prompt that a download is available. Once yellow prompt is available, you do, but not always need Wi-Fi to do the actual download.

Similarly, I’ve found no correlation between advance/standard and how quickly you get new firmware available prompt. Ive been on standard for several years now and still once in a while get the prompt for new firmware well towards the front of the queue.

I did however put off taking an update for many months and since have then found myself thankfully at the tail end. Long gone are the days of looking forward to the next latest and so called greatest update. Much prefer to get a more stable update that others have been the guinea pigs for. Skipped the first few months of V11 that were frustrating many with removed or moved functionality. Was forced back in by an LTE update but thankfully many of the issues had been reinstated by then and it was a good point to pickup V11. Happy sticking with 2022.20.x even though later has been offered. Just leaving Wi-Fi switched off in garage so in my own hands until Tesla push another update via LTE.

Reactions: therealjimbob