Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New feature, pop the door on latest app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want an elegant way to open the passenger door for my wife on date night. It let's me open the driver door why can't it let me approach and open the passenger door first for my girl.
Tessie 😉

Attachments

• 20230925_090617.jpg
    20230925_090617.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 20230925_090609.jpg
    20230925_090609.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 38
It’s worth noting that all these things seem to be available via the Tesla shortcuts you can now create and you can pick any door. No need to buy 3rd party software

If we’re talking Apple, you can also set it to an accessibility feature where a double tap of the phone back will open the door, set up a Siri voice command which you could name anything you like.

It’s worth noting that all these things seem to be available via the Tesla shortcuts you can now create and you can pick any door. No need to buy 3rd party software

If we’re talking Apple, you can also set it to an accessibility feature where a double tap of the phone back will open the door, set up a Siri voice command which you could name anything you like.
Afaik the Tesla official shortcuts only allow for opening doors on a MX.
The unlatch feature for S/3/Y introduced at the end of last year is not present yet.

Only Tessie (maybe other 3rd party sw) allow for unlatching specific doors via shortcuts.

We are talking about opening doors, not just triggering central locking/unlocking.

Afaik the Tesla official shortcuts only allow for opening doors on a MX.
The unlatch feature for S/3/Y introduced at the end of last year is not present yet.

Only Tessie (maybe other 3rd party sw) allow for unlatching specific doors via shortcuts.

We are talking about opening doors, not just triggering central locking/unlocking.
I'll try it in a bit. Tessie uses the same API as the app, there's nothing magical about it in that regard.

Edit: yes, it says only MX

Last edited: