Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New finance terms

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have recent confirmation that the APR for hire purchase has changed from 5.9% to 3.9%. The GMFV promise has also been withdrawn because of "strong residuals on our cars". The APR change represents a significant reduction to the monthly payments for my new Model X 90D, which I am financing over 60 months.

From Tesla sales. First by phone yesterday, then confirmed by email. It is described as a "3.9% APR Campaign". I signed up to the offer straight away. It's possible that it's only for HP and not PCP, but I don't know as PCP is of no interest to me.

From Tesla sales. First by phone yesterday, then confirmed by email. It is described as a "3.9% APR Campaign". I signed up to the offer straight away. It's possible that it's only for HP and not PCP, but I don't know as PCP is of no interest to me.
Interesting, who did you speak to in Sales? I'm about to finalise the finance on my MX order (going PCP) and dropping to 3.9% would make a big difference!

S_B. I'm not willing to name individuals in what was a private correspondence but I strongly suggest you ask about the "3.9% campaign" before you agree to anything. I've given you and others on this forum a head's up on this so it's up to you to negotiate the deal. I'm buying the X as a company car but I don't see that that makes any difference. I also had an earlier offer from the bank at 3.9% but I signed up with Tesla to keep everything in house.

I went to my local branch and the manager gave me a quote of around £500 per month for 30% deposit and 36 monthly payments. After I applied online through the website I received a quote where the monthly payment increased to £600! This is adding £3600 to the total amount. I am not accepted this but waiting for a reply from the finance management.