Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Fremont Delivery Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think they are intentionally hiding flaws.

But I do think the dramatic lighting and design ethos attached to it is very likely intentional - irrespective of what they building realities were. After all, they could have gone for more traditional, expansive overhead lighting to achieve an effect similar to natural light, but instead they went for dramatic effect. A co-incidence? I doubt it.

Tesla seems to like dramatic effect, even when it is counterintuitive for the delivery inspection process, apparently.

Isn't your point proving the lighting wasn't sufficient for the inspection?

And you would lack the ability to decline delivery, in that event of take it home and inspect later. There might be disagreements on what was there and not, etc. Even if it isn't intentionally hard for the inspection (and I agree, I don't think it is), the dramatic lighting may still play a part in hiding some flaws that otherwise might have resulted in the buyer decliding delivery. Asking to take the car outside sounds possible, but again, an extra effort that people may be reluctant to do...

So as an end-result, the lighting may hinder the delivery inspection. IMO that seems like a fact. No?

So you're saying that the design was intentional? Thanks, I'm pretty sure nothing designs itself. The problem I have with your statement is your at best implying they did it that way to "hide" flaws.

Sorry, you have no proof of that but if it makes you sleep better you go ahead and have fun with that.

I was literally there 24 hours ago, have you been there? You can see fine, I spotted tiny clear cost bubbles (1mm) no problem. I personally hate bright artificial lights.

I could see well enough to know there was no issue with the vehicle that would cause me to refuse delivery. I also am not the type to spend an hour going through a checklist at the location, did the rest of it at my house at my leisure. I don't assume the worst in people at all times, Tesla will take care of any issues.

Reactions: Big Earl
So you're saying that the design was intentional? Thanks, I'm pretty sure nothing designs itself.

My view is that Tesla's design ethos seems intentionally skewed towards style over substance, dramatic effect over usefulness. They like big bold moves. A dark hall with spot lighting is big and dramatic - it fits the ethos. A more traditional industrial hall or a dealership-like glass building would not be as cool and dramatic.

The problem I have with your statement is your at best implying they did it that way to "hide" flaws.

That happening is IMO the end-result, not my belief of their intent.

My view is that Tesla's design ethos seems intentionally skewed towards style over substance, dramatic effect over usefulness. They like big bold moves. A dark hall with spot lighting is big and dramatic - it fits the ethos. A more traditional industrial hall or a dealership-like glass building would not be as cool and dramatic.

That happening is IMO the end-result, not my belief of their intent.

Apologies for the misunderstanding. I can agree they were going for a particular atmosphere at the delivery center but I do think it's expected by customers. The old delivery under a tent in a parking lot was fine due to where the company was at that point but I'm assuming most people buying Teslas would like it more upscale.

I thought the process was fine but being a Tesla fan and living on TMC for the last 5 years I found the intro presentation to be boring even though the young kid presenting had a great personality and made it fun. I've never been a fan of sitting in a room learning at the pace of the slowest person, never went to class in college for same reason.

• Love
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
From the pictures I see, there is plenty of high quality light to do an inspection of your soon to be delivered Tesla.

Highlighting up just your car makes the delivery seem a bit more personal and special. Like they are focusing on you completely during the delivery process and those other cars are not a distraction from the one your are getting.

IMG_0799.JPG

Here is a photo I took at delivery, our model X front right. There were also four model 3's including the blue one in the picture next to our X.

This is a great location. There is a nice coffee barista bar and the waiting area is spacious and clean.

The car area is very big. FWIW, I thought it was a little dark also but I liked the look.

Here's a video that I took on delivery day. Sorry but I was just learning how to use the camera and stuff so the video isn't that good but hopefully it gives you an idea of the place, etc.