Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD Beta Button for 2021 Refreshed Plaid and Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah - sometime back Elon tweeting something about kicking people out of the closed beta for unsafe driving behavior.
Problem is that although it doesn't appear hard straight-line acceleration is a factor in their scoring, when I launch, I almost always have to hard brake to slow down. Being in any city type environment will likely require some hard braking. So if you want FSD, launching might become a problem. :(

@WilliamG Could be their insurance calculator is overwhelmed, and will take a while to produce a score to send to the app? Time will tell.... I wonder what other Plaid enrollee's are seeing in the app (or not)?
@WilliamG Logged in and out of the app again; this time it refreshed. "All good here"...

Safety Score.jpg

Help requested:

Uploaded 32.22 - Check!
Pushed da button for beta FSD - Check!
Updated iPhone Tesla app 4.1.0 - Check!
Drove 1 mile - Check!
Verified Wifi connection with car - Check!
BUT ONE HOUR LATER, STILL NO SAFETY SCORE POP UP ON THE APP...

Steps taken
* closed app, reboot phone, uninstall and reinstall app (including resetting key), reboot car, install app on iPad using same log-in, deleted app on iPad, updated app on Spouse's phone (we use the same account log in), signed out of both phones, signed back into both phones... still nuttin'

1632589079182.png

Help requested:

Uploaded 32.22 - Check!
Drove 1 mile - Check!

Steps taken
* closed app, reboot phone, uninstall and reinstall app (including resetting key), reboot car, install app on iPad using same log-in, deleted app on iPad, updated app on Spouse's phone (we use the same account log in), signed out of both phones, signed back into both phones... still nuttin'

View attachment 714171

The Tesla app has to have 4.1.0 or higher to have the driving score to show up. My android has the above screen and no score for me as it has Tesla app version 4.0.2. I got fsd button and was enrolled this morning and went for a drive. But no score. I am waiting for my MSLR delivery. But got to test onmy current 2018 S100D with above results.

Help requested:

Uploaded 32.22 - Check!
Drove 1 mile - Check!

Steps taken

View attachment 714171
Guess I was just impatient… just rechecked the app a few hours later (not two weeks!) and now it’s showing up.

Happy mellow-safe driving to you all!

Reactions: mmanner
So I just got my first score and I am bummed. So I went out for an hour. Drove 11 miles. Drove like a grandmother. Stayed within speed limit. No hard accelerations. No hard braking. Like completely boring non-eventful driving. There was one instance where the car in front of me suddenly decided to turn right, I was going very slow but the collision warning beep went off just as I was putting foot on brake. Even though a collision would have never happened going that slow. I check my score and I was at 55 out of 100. Wtf! That is only one instance in which it was not even my fault and a collision would have never happened going 20 mph. Everything else looked good in the summaries. This criteria is going to be too stringent for LA type driving for things beyond your control. Be careful. One minor forward collision warning (that everyone gets now and then) is catastrophic to your score.

• Informative
Reactions: Maximus023
Here's my version of the story....

1. Downloaded and installed 2021.32.22 (Yes, I pressed the button and more to enroll) - No issues
2. Updated iphone app to 4.1 - No issues
3. Logged out of and back into app - No Issues
4. Went or a drive. Engaged AP and later Autosteer. Had to "break the lock" a couple of times as AP/AS screwed up or was doing unsafe driving (yeah, really) - No issues
5. Returned home and parked car - No Issues
6. Went into app looking for driving score (waited five minutes, first) - Big issues; no data, no score (See #2 and #3 above, so not that).

Am I surprised? No. I suspect YOKE cars will be last to get the beta software, many revisions down the road.
@WilliamG
I’ve heard that it takes 7 days after you select the button to enroll. During that 7 days the Tesla insurance calculator is used to analyze driving habits

So I just got my first score and I am bummed. So I went out for an hour. Drove 11 miles. Drove like a grandmother. Stayed within speed limit. No hard accelerations. No hard braking. Like completely boring non-eventful driving. There was one instance where the car in front of me suddenly decided to turn right, I was going very slow but the collision warning beep went off just as I was putting foot on brake. Even though a collision would have never happened going that slow. I check my score and I was at 55 out of 100. Wtf! That is only one instance in which it was not even my fault and a collision would have never happened going 20 mph. Everything else looked good in the summaries. This criteria is going to be too stringent for LA type driving for things beyond your control. Be careful. One minor forward collision warning (that everyone gets now and then) is catastrophic to your score.
Permanently banned! Part it out

It seems unfair that Android users get no feedback on their driving safety from the app. I could adjust if there are issues being recorded, but as it is, I will just have to assume my good driving is good enough. In my experience, my driving is far more accurate, responsive, and safe than the FSD in ALL situations except on the interstate.

So further detail shows the ONE collision warning as 101.9 avg. I don't understand what this means. Average of what? All my other trips were perfect. Literally. And it was a very minor slow speed one.

It seems unfair that Android users get no feedback on their driving safety from the app. I could adjust if there are issues being recorded, but as it is, I will just have to assume my good driving is good enough. In my experience, my driving is far more accurate, responsive, and safe than the FSD in ALL situations except on the interstate.
I downloaded 4.1 on an APK mirror site.

Yikes….. an hour to drive 11 miles…..maybe it couldn’t calculate an average 11mph drive 😳