Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD Beta Button for 2021 Refreshed Plaid and Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD always brakes hard and late, and provides a collision warning of a normal car turning left in front of your car over 100 yards away at 40 MPH. If you want the best score, don't use FSD. It would fail the safety score always.
Nope. You get a 100% score for all time driving with AP/FSD on:

1632608090710.png

Reactions: Iain and DerbyDave
So I just got my first score and I am bummed. So I went out for an hour. Drove 11 miles. Drove like a grandmother. Stayed within speed limit. No hard accelerations. No hard braking. Like completely boring non-eventful driving. There was one instance where the car in front of me suddenly decided to turn right, I was going very slow but the collision warning beep went off just as I was putting foot on brake. Even though a collision would have never happened going that slow. I check my score and I was at 55 out of 100. Wtf! That is only one instance in which it was not even my fault and a collision would have never happened going 20 mph. Everything else looked good in the summaries. This criteria is going to be too stringent for LA type driving for things beyond your control. Be careful. One minor forward collision warning (that everyone gets now and then) is catastrophic to your score.
There are different setting for the collision alert. Set it to the mildest!

Reactions: brunla
Here ya go. All information needed including faq’s. Mine didn’t up at 3am but 2pm. I opted in. Here we gooo!

Reactions: cwanja
Nope. You get a 100% score for all time driving with AP/FSD on:
This appears to be a challenge just to game the system to win a chance to try FSD. FSD bad driving is OK and not counted.... Very interesting. When it crosses the center solid line, tries to turn left into a left turn lane when you want to go straight at 55 MPH, and does not see stopped traffic ahead until the last minute, -- OK for FSD, but bad if I do it? I won't use the current FSD because it is so dangerous, except on limited access highways. I am waiting on the new rewrite to begin again to try to fiddle with it. I definitely will be on the alert at all times. I don't trust it at all.

Ok additional info. I went on another hour long drive. This time on a freeway with a lot of autopilot driving. Interesting that my 'unsafe following' score went up to 11.6. I had my distance set to 6. However the fact that I drove another 20 miles and no collision warning, my total score went up to 89 from 55. That's much better. So really what it is telling me is I need to drive more. That score will go up compared to how many miles you drive and do well.

I’ve heard that it takes 7 days after you select the button to enroll. During that 7 days the Tesla insurance calculator is used to analyze driving habits
Rest assured that Tesla insurance calculator will not stop at 7 days unless you are denied right away. It will certainly continue for as long as you are in the beta program.

Reactions: cwanja
Not a fan of current Autopilot...brakes way too late, should let off and just use regen. So it sounds like using autopilot does not help with safety score or getting the beta? Any thoughts? I would assume Tesla wants to know how responsible someone is using autopilot.

Not a fan of current Autopilot...brakes way too late, should let off and just use regen. So it sounds like using autopilot does not help with safety score or getting the beta? Any thoughts? I would assume Tesla wants to know how responsible someone is using autopilo
Hi, the way Tesla incorporates usage of autopilot is to track how many times autopilot turns off because of lack of input with the steering wheel after being warned. Behavior of the car on autopilot doesn't adversely affect the score (other than if you get warned and it turns off for inattention), but miles driven on autopilot count as miles driven. There is a description of what it is doing on the app, see screenshot and click "Learn More". Also see MP3Mike's and other post above about this.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 7.53.37 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 7.53.37 AM.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 34