Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Hansshow Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I praise their innovation and ingenuity but it's not for me. Not understanding why some are so in a hurry to void their warranty. Especially with a system that is 80% redundant with what's already in the car. Not to mention that this is a separate Bluetooth device that can be hacked-into that won't have the level of encryption Tesla has.

So, this is just a geek in me talking. I get that this is just a "display" that supposedly regurgitate data from the main screen for the driver, but it DOES have to be tapped-in to the main display which is connected to the various control modules in the car. One wrong signal from this device could prove to be disastrous. They'd have to be officially certified by the FCC that this is a READ-ONLY product before I will consider putting it my car.

What would cause this to void your warranty? It looks like it's just a wiring harness that grabs that piggybacks the signal stream. No potential to modify any of the cars systems or electronics.

That's right, the car doesn't need internet connection, it gets internet from your phone cause you need that to work. I think this is nothing but a standalone unit, powered by the black/red wired, using some Tesla-app that talks to your account via API (like Teslarati) for dash information. Tethered to your phone (wired or wirelessly). Sound is piped via bluetooth to the car's speakers, as you can also see there is a speak grill on the back so... yes, it's a glorified tablet.
Yes, plus it must connect to the CAN bus directly e.g. to show speed and indicators etc. It has to for these to be in sync with the main display.

What would cause this to void your warranty? It looks like it's just a wiring harness that grabs that piggybacks the signal stream. No potential to modify any of the cars systems or electronics.
Ask yourself this simple question. What would the Tesla Service Center people say if they saw this unit mounted in the car when you take it in for service? You are kidding yourself if you don't think that the car itself doesn't log all the activity into "Tesla cloud" where they can review it anytime they want.

A touchscreen for CarPlay that sits behind the steering wheel?

This is an even worse idea than the first gen product. Because now it’s also dangerous.

I swear, whoever starts these posts must be affiliated with the company and attempting to drum up sales.

Not part of the company. I am a Tesla owner that likes to search and expand my knowledge and not be closed minded. Some things are good, some things are not. This is merely an item I saw.. and though maybe a decent idea.

And wanted intelligent conversation.. I swear those that post stupid/closed mind answers.. does nothing for the community, and shows how shallow life they have. Keyboard Warriors. SMH

Reactions: rjpjnk and Migizi
I praise their innovation and ingenuity but it's not for me. Not understanding why some are so in a hurry to void their warranty. Especially with a system that is 80% redundant with what's already in the car. Not to mention that this is a separate Bluetooth device that can be hacked-into that won't have the level of encryption Tesla has.

So, this is just a geek in me talking. I get that this is just a "display" that supposedly regurgitate data from the main screen for the driver, but it DOES have to be tapped-in to the main display which is connected to the various control modules in the car. One wrong signal from this device could prove to be disastrous. They'd have to be officially certified by the FCC that this is a READ-ONLY product before I will consider putting it my car.

whst makes you think this will void your warrantee?

Reactions: Needsdecaf
whst makes you think this will void your warrantee?
Answered in post #24 but suppose for a moment that you are driving along the highway and all of the sudden the MY goes into "limp-mode". You pull to the side and call Tesla Roadside Service. The tech thinks the display unit may be the cause of the electric gremlin. How do you plan on getting warranty repair on whatever is going on? What keeps Tesla from continuing to insists that it's not their problem?

Answered in post #24 but suppose for a moment that you are driving along the highway and all of the sudden the MY goes into "limp-mode". You pull to the side and call Tesla Roadside Service. The tech thinks the display unit may be the cause of the electric gremlin. How do you plan on getting warranty repair on whatever is going on? What keeps Tesla from continuing to insists that it's not their problem?

You 100% right. As with 100% aftermarket product regards of what it is. From a mud flap you decide to create new holes, and then water get inside something. It doesn't matter what aftermarket product you use it can void a warranty with concerns to whatever it touches.

Point of this thread to point out they come out with a new and improved version. Adding Car Play/Android Auto..

I am all for innovation of anything....,, not all aftermarket items are for everyone.... We all love our Tesla's and want to do different things, or want different things....

This is absolutely incredible. I would buy this in a heartbeat if I knew it did what it said am what it does and most importantly...does not impede the airflow of the AC/heat. I just don’t see how the airflow would not be impeded?

EDIT: ...and they can pump the sound through the bluetooth connection for the CarPlay audio. I sent an inquiry and others should do the same as they are gauging interest.
For the Airflow, we had done the test, if the airflow is under gear 7, there is no different after install the screen.
For airflow gear over 8, it will have part of affect, but the air can flow through the bottom of the screen (there is a narrow gap ), the left side airflow have no effect, your hand and feet can feel the airflow.
What's more, the front airflow will come from the space under glass.
The driver's head area can get the airflow.

I sent my third message about it today. But it will block some air flow it must because of where it is at.. need to make the bracket to hold it, so you can disconnect ii and leave if off but all the wiring is left with holes for air flow?
For the Airflow, we had done the test, if the airflow is under gear 7, there is no different after install the screen.
For airflow gear over 8, it will have part of affect, but the air can flow through the bottom of the screen (there is a narrow gap ), the left side airflow have no effect, your hand and feet can feel the airflow.
What's more, the front airflow will come from the space under glass.
The driver's head area can get the airflow.

The screen and bracket are fixed and can not be move. We were going to design to make it movable, but for long term use and stability, we decided to fix the screen there.

it would be great if the screen has a thinner border.
We had considered make the border become thinner just like the Model 3 mains screen. But there are some problem, if we make it thinner, we can not put the touch screen inside, and the screen will be difficult to assemble. To make the screen easy to produce, we had to increase the border.
In order to realize the voice control function (presently, it only work with Mandarin), we add a microphone at the top of the screen, it makes the border thicker.

Reactions: qdeathstar
This is absolutely incredible. I would buy this in a heartbeat if I knew it did what it said am what it does and most importantly...does not impede the airflow of the AC/heat. I just don’t see how the airflow would not be impeded?

EDIT: ...and they can pump the sound through the bluetooth connection for the CarPlay audio. I sent an inquiry and others should do the same as they are gauging interest.
The screen system has 1 speaker, 2 Bluetooth.
1 speaker can work independently when you did not connect any device.
1 Bluetooth can use for connecting your smartphone to realize the car play function.
Another Bluetooth can use to connect the tesla system.
In this case, when you connect the screen with the tesla system, if you use the navigation or play music on the screen, the car system 14 speakers can play it as well.

This is also the first thing that jumped out at me. The
One of those devices where you will get negative nancy's, and positive steve's kind of thing. In my view it has some merit and is bring Apply car Play and Android Auto to the car. That is truly severely lacking in this.. Wd ca all guess as to why Elon has not done this if ever..

Looking at it. i do wish it was even small and just display, speed/miles/battery type of thing..

We had develop a HUD for Model 3 about 8 months ago. It may suit your demand.

Thank you for your praise.
The device just like a smartphone, I am not sure whether people will afraid smartphone would not hack into the tesla system or not.
The installation is plug and play, only need to put the 2 side plug in the computer. The CANBUS system only read tesla canbus data, it would not make communicate, it would not send any data to the tesla system.
The tesla signal icon show on the screen are real-time. There is no delay.

Isn’t this just an android tablet with some custom apps? Connect via Bluetooth and display vehicle data points via API..... might as well mount an iPad in front of you?
It is more than that.
It has a Model S style UI, it can show almost everything about the original tesla signal icon.
Your steering wheel right button can control the screen.
For the navigation function, everyone thinks it is useful.
With this special design screen, you no need to watch the main screen when you are driving. The same just like Model S, even more function than Model S screen, is not cool?

For Android Auto to work it needs to be connected to the internet (for Waze, Google search, news, music, podcasts, etc..)... where is it getting this connection from? The MY does not have a WiFi hotspot. Is it tethering from your phone and using it's data connection for internet access.
You can use your smartphone hotspot, nowadays, 4G, 5G mobile phone data is almost inexhaustible every month.