Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New here: MYP in QS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

Very new here with the purchase of my nee MYP in QS which is my first Tesla.

I placed the order on June 8th with delivery due 25-30th June, i have completed all the paperwork and paid the deposit.

I also received my VIN on the 20th June and my reg on 21st June but as of 26th June this week my date has pushed back to 12-27 July.

Is anyone able to shed any light as to why its could of been pushed back potentially a month after recieving my VIN and reg which i thought means it was due into the UK any day from reg given.

Could there of been an issue or damage on route to push the date back?

Looking forward to hearing some of your thoughts and experiences

Production delays, shipping delays, all sorts of possible reasons, especially for exports. Do you know where your MY is being made? You can tell from the VIN (probably Berlin for RH-drive versions).

Tesla usually prioritizes deliveries that are local/nearby especially for EOQ or EOY. Need to push out as many cars as they can out the door 🤷‍♂️

Production delays, shipping delays, all sorts of possible reasons, especially for exports. Do you know where your MY is being made? You can tell from the VIN (probably Berlin for RH-drive versions).

Tesla usually prioritizes deliveries that are local/nearby especially for EOQ or EOY. Need to push out as many cars as they can out the door 🤷‍♂️
Yeah i understand the delays in production but once a reg is allocated i thought it meant it was like a day away from landing in that country?

Yeah its Berlin made MYP and i was given vin June 20th then reg June 21st.

Yeah i understand the delays in production but once a reg is allocated i thought it meant it was like a day away from landing in that country?

Yeah its Berlin made MYP and i was given vin June 20th then reg June 21st.
Here in the US, when you receive the VIN, sometimes the car is not produced yet. If it’s the same process in Europe, that means your car can be delayed for any reason. I have ordered and owned several Teslas at this point. I learned to just relax and wait. You get your car when you get your car. I’m not defending Tesla lack of communication or how they do business. It’s just a way to keep your sanity intact while waiting for your order.