Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Silver Y waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone explain why an inventory car would say demo, but only have 6 miles on the odometer?

Seems like it would just get that much from the factory to outbound lot to driven on and off car hauler.

It's a 3 hour drive away, so not easy to go look at and see if everything seems ok and then get the VIN.

View attachment 1058504
I noticed a ton of these pop up on inventory near me. After checking the details, they all said "Demo vehicle" and at the very bottom, it'll say "previously repaired". Apparently a lot of the hail damaged cars came to locations near me, but were all repaired.

You'll see that right under the Condition section

I noticed a ton of these pop up on inventory near me. After checking the details, they all said "Demo vehicle" and at the very bottom, it'll say "previously repaired". Apparently a lot of the hail damaged cars came to locations near me, but were all repaired.

You'll see that right under the Condition section
Would it normally show in this spot between Condition and Delivery Location?
1719159349664.png

Yeah, lack of performance QS is frustrating.
A number showed up in California with hail damage ; were repaired and being sold at a slight discount as demo models. I believe they were made in Austin ; maybe were sent to Fremont for the repair work and otherwise should have been assigned VIN's around the country, no way of knowing.

I would probably be ok with one of those if I had the option assuming the repair work looked good.
Instead I sit with no VIN and an impossible EDD of end of June still.

Would it normally show in this spot between Condition and Delivery Location?
View attachment 1059041
Yeah it would state under condition it if they needed to make any significant repair and even list the repair price/cost.
See example car below:

If it does not let you see it, put in zip code 90060 instead of your own zip.

Reactions: MTowns
The other crazy thing I am seeing with Quick Silver - on the LR AWD model ; quite a few of them are showing around the country as not eligible for the federal $7500.00 purchase credit ; it appears they made a batch with the foreign battery they had been using in the LR Model 3 earlier this year.

I have the feeling Tesla purpose of the .99 financing was to move inventory cars that had been sitting around for a couple months. They regret this offer extending to those who are have a car built custom ; so are in no hurry to fulfill new builds (such as Quick Silver orders) in hopes buyers will lose patience and switch to one of those cars already sitting around - which was the intention of the promotion to begin with.

I have the feeling Tesla purpose of the .99 financing was to move inventory cars that had been sitting around for a couple months. They regret this offer extending to those who are have a car built custom ; so are in no hurry to fulfill new builds (such as Quick Silver orders) in hopes buyers will lose patience and switch to one of those cars already sitting around - which was the intention of the promotion to begin with.
That's what worries me, with my date getting pushed back last week to June 30-July 14. 15th I think will be out 60 days on the loan.

Did see a QS in our area yesterday, had hoped I would be the first one, lol.

Seeing some in Georgia which is closest to us, but as stated the other day those are showing as demo. The demo with 6 miles is just weird to me, especially since it's been there for several days now and no one has jumped on it, makes me think it has something with it.

Reactions: mreynolds767
The other odd thing about Quick Silver is I was finding the sites Telsa Info and EV cpo to be accurate sources of info over the past weeks but recently one can pull up on Telsa's site cars in CA and as MTowns mentions in GA which are not showing up on these websites. What is going on?

Can anyone explain why an inventory car would say demo, but only have 6 miles on the odometer?

Seems like it would just get that much from the factory to outbound lot to driven on and off car hauler.

It's a 3 hour drive away, so not easy to go look at and see if everything seems ok and then get the VIN.

View attachment 1058504
Interestingly this one has a $510 discount now. But with the 6 miles on it and saying it's a demo, I just feel like something is up with this one, since it's been sitting there for almost a week now.
1719325001240.png

Interestingly this one has a $510 discount now. But with the 6 miles on it and saying it's a demo, I just feel like something is up with this one, since it's been sitting there for almost a week now.
View attachment 1059566
Would guess if it has a discount and is a Demo with such low mileage that it is a hail damage / repair or similar like seen with so many in California.
The website should list this but maybe slow getting around to adding that discloser line.

Should be fine; but not suitable for everyone.

The Quick Silvers seem to have had some bad mother nature luck.

Talked to advisor yesterday and she was trying to see if anything around could get us in to. She even said something about the black and white interior like it takes more time. But seems white interior is being produced a lot.

I wish they could just tell me where I am in the production line. Has to be stored somewhere. Don't know why it's taking so long to produce mine.

Still sitting at June 30th - July 14th. Loan approval will be up July 15th I believe. Supposed to contact her when she's back in Saturday to see if anything can be matched to, or if we wait and see if something happens after the 4th holiday.