Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Improved Screen Cooler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
You ever return to your car while out in the hot sun? Well, I’ve been working on this project now for 7 whole month, finally got it right.. selling this mod for 75.00 with free shipping. Or you can get the same with a .50 cent micro fiber polishing towel. Same Shizzzt. Enjoy.

C5ED4860-38C2-4C02-880C-90286A3F4ADC.jpeg

Is this really a thing? I don't think I've ever had to park in full sun for any amount of time. Do you suggest covering it to protect it? Or so that it's not too hot on your fingers?
My 3 is parked outside now, the Y took the garage spot, at 130 degrees inside the cabin and you touch the top of the screen it’s very hot. Heat kills electronics. So far the screen stays cool. A white color towel would be better.

Fred

I have never heard of someone's screen being damaged from the sun.
Why put your SMD components through the stress? Every electronic device and I mean resistors, capacitors, transistors etc all have a thermo limit before they start to break down and ultimately fail. You can do whatever you want but I like to prolong the life of my components, I think after the warranty a screen could cost upwards of $2500.00, I don’t know the actual cost but I know it’s not cheap. So I rather spend 50 cents on a rag to keep my screen a lot cooler then being exposed to extreme heats.

Fred

Reactions: Reborn