Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello ALL!! I am a new member to the TMC. I recently purchased a new 2021 Model 3 SR+. My cars b-day is 04/15/2021 so somehow I got the newest of the new version of the Model 3 since it was delivered on 04/16/2021. I do not know if anyone has seen the brand new interior for "black interior" option, but now the wood wraps around the front interior drive and passanger doors which looks amazing. No heated steering wheel though LoL. Also looking to join local TMC to do monthly drives and meet friends, I am in Walnut Creek, CA- East Bay Area. Thank you all for reading, be safe!
Also kinda insane that the car was delivered the day after assembly was completed! Be careful with the paint, it likely hasn't even fully cured yet.

I wonder what the motive was for making this change. The car already had a finished design, so this seems either arbitrary, or there's some benefit to Tesla for making the change. Any ideas?
It's probably cheaper to make one door for white/black interior and just change that part than it is to make a whole door with white leather inserts and one with alcantara.

Reactions: TechOps
Initially I liked it, but I think I like having the door separate from the front console - it gives more purpose to the console. The trim looks neat, but it draws the eye to the door which is not a particularly interesting thing as far as cars go.

Also, the first thing I thought when I heard about it was “Great, 2 more trim pieces that Tesla won’t be able to align correctly”... and looks like I might have been right on that...

• Funny
Reactions: Hayden and TBrownTX
Initially I liked it, but I think I like having the door separate from the front console - it gives more purpose to the console. The trim looks neat, but it draws the eye to the door which is not a particularly interesting thing as far as cars go.

Also, the first thing I thought when I heard about it was “Great, 2 more trim pieces that Tesla won’t be able to align correctly”... and looks like I might have been right on that...
Oh no, say it ain't so.....🤔I never thought of that being a potential in spec gap or alignment.

• Funny
Reactions: TBrownTX