Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New inventory availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've helped a couple of friends pick up cars earlier than they were expecting recently as they didn't know about the whole inventory thing, so for anyone who may be new here..

12 cars at the moment, LR & P

these are most likely still on a boat as the locations are somewhat "generic", e.g. South Coast, Scotland & Northern Ireland etc..

evening, I have just spent the afternoon shopping and sat with a cuppa on my return. Had a browse on the tesla site to see plenty of cars in the inventry, including a match for my order which I have been told to expect in Feb/March. I was quickly on the phone and given the option to travel to Thorpe Park for the Blue one I ordered or change the order to silver and collect from Manchester, which is my nearest collection centre.
When I placed my order it was a toss up between the 2 colours.

The Manchester car has been earmarked for me and checking source code I now have a VIN. just waiting for the text/email asking me to pay the deposit and wait a collection day which he said will be before Christmas. :)

Last edited:
imho, if it was me I would wait until next quarters cars as by the looks of it they will have some worthwhile changes to spec. Updated MCU and low voltage lithium battery are pretty significant if that's what the next lot of cars do indeed arrive with.

Reactions: CMc1
looks like there is just one left (black m3p with FSD) - I've read that in the US you can get them to remove FSD from new inventory, not heard of anyone trying that here yet.

If you're really after a new inventory car then hitting the Tesla website repeatedly is a thankless exercise as you need to get lucky because they sell quickly and it would be better to get told rather than keep having to check ie some form of push notification.

There are 3rd party aggregators, twitter pages and facebook groups that are meant to help do this. ev cpo is a site supporter of TMC and configurable but they seem to charge you to get them and focus on the US despite the claims they don't, tesla-info do it and looking at their inventory pages now offer it for free using Telegram, facebook have a few groups including Tesla inventory tracker and another which is US only.

I must admit these sites seem to be more reliable than Tesla in imparting information about the cars, some tell you which battery the car will have which is a hotly debated topic as an example.

There's certainly a mix, the demo usually have a discount but try and force you to take EAP so if you were thinking of getting EAP anyway then thats not a bad offer in the current climate as long as the rest of the spec is current. It's not like someone can wear out the clutch on a test drive.

Reactions: Peter 224
Sorry for reviving an old thread but it’s a further question on New Inventory.

Would a new inventory vehicle be pre registered or would it be registered on collection?

There’s a few appearing at the moment and if I do go for one I’d probably not be able to collect until next week (away for half term this week). It would then make sense to wait until March but would they allow a week for me to collect or is that pushing it?

Can’t believe it’s March next Tuesday!

Would a new inventory vehicle be pre registered or would it be registered on collection?
Registered on collection. I grabbed one from inventory a week or so ago & am collecting this Friday (I wasn't too bothered about getting a 22 plate so long as it has the new processor & 12v battery). I have the VRN but was told it won't be registered with the DVLA until the actual day of collection. I'd assume any reserved from inventory will be collected after March 1st by now though.

Reactions: Rickster1978
Used pricing is just insane atm.
2022-02-22_14-10-50.png