Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Key FOB Summon Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the latest release but I can't get the Key FOB summon to work. Nothing happens when I push and hold the center key FOB button. Anyone else have success with this?

I verified that Summon from the App still works. I also had the car in for service recently and they updated the firmware on my key FOB so I assume that is also the latest and greatest.

Model S driver here. You don't give a description of what you are doing, so it's a little hard to help. Have you used summon on a MS before, so you know the process? It takes longer than I would have thought, 10 seconds of holding the button sometimes, before the car recognizes that you want Summon. This makes sense, accidentally locking the doors by leaning your pocket against a table is one thing, but suddenly backing it up 15 feet in the parking lot is a little more distressing.

This capability was just released on Model X. I have tried standing outside the car and sitting in the car as I have seen in a demonstration video. I have held the center button on the key FOB down for up to 30 seconds, but the car never seems to acknowledge this by flashing lights as it is supposed to. The batteries are new in the FOB and the traditional summon using the iPhone app works as it is supposed to - so the car seems to be set up correctly. Is there some other setting to enable the FOB to work?

Figured it out from looking at Tesla forum. Continuous press needs to be turned off in summon configuration. The release notes don't mention this important detail!

Yep, that is right. Have to have continuous press turned off. There actually used to be a button as well, checkbox, to allow Summon from keyfob (it was on the S, before). That is not there anymore which seems to confuse further.