Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New M3 AWD LR with 2019.35.106 & Boost Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my new M3 AWD LR yesterday and noticed it was delivered with SW 2019.35.106 f83b666. I purchased the boost upgrade, the screen restarted a few times however I noticed that the Acceleration options are still "Chill" and "Standard." I don't see "Sport" as described in other posts.

Is this the case with this particular software revision and it should update to "Sport" once it upgrades to the latest revision (I suppose it's 2020.40.x?)?

E59F69E0-2D57-4B07-8649-2C75D9A9B899.jpeg
This is how the software screen looks

Nope, once you buy acceleration boost on a non-P AWD, it changes your options to Sport mode.

Getting the acceleration boost added has been glitchy for some people (some have had issues with the payment system, others with activating the software. I'd call customer service at this point.

• Informative
Reactions: GuyDude
The boost upgrade requires minimum 2019.40.2. So it looks like you paid for the boost upgrade but it’s not yet available because you need a software update. When it is you’ll have Chill and Sport mode.
Thanks for the response! I was hoping to encounter another user who had the car delivered with the current SW revision I have and had the same thing occur. Given the requirement for a min of 2019.40.2 I'll just wait for the update to arrive and re-check.

Thanks for the response! I was hoping to encounter another user who had the car delivered with the current SW revision I have and had the same thing occur. Given the requirement for a min of 2019.40.2 I'll just wait for the update to arrive and re-check.

Reach out through your app and request them to send the update. You can also specify they you have the boost upgrade but it won’t enable because your software version is too old. That should help speed them along.