Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New M3 LR in 2023, what to do with my SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi to all

Having ordered a new M3 LR, due 2023, some questions arise re my December 2019 M3 SR+ with 47000km on the clock. I don't need, or want, 2 cars.

I wonder what the trade will be with Tesla come 1st quarter 2023?
I am astounded at the prices being asked for M3s on Car Sales. I would be happy with $40k!

My M3 came with HPWC and the mobile charger. New car won't have mobile charger and I won't do without one. They cost $550 if you can get one.
The HPWC is staying were it is but here is my question. Do I leave the mobile charger with the car and buy a new one or sell/trade in without the mobile charger in the boot?

There must be others of you out there doing the same thing, going from SR+ to LR, what are you thinking of doing?

Cheers
Greg

I have a Dec 2021 Unicorn SR+ and have ordered a LR due next year. This is my only car and really can't be without one for a period of time so my only option is a trade in. I haven't submitted yet as the offer is only valid for 30 days anyway. I am actually dreading the offer and if it isn't enough, might have to cancel my LR.

I have noticed here in QLD, prices are dropping online for used Model 3's, they just don't seem to be selling.

I will be keeping my mobile charger when I trade it in. Even if by some miracle if I sell privately, I will keep it and the new owner can work out what they are going to do.

Yeap keep the Mobile Charger.. People can buy them if they need them,
Just for your idea when it comes to worth M3 with similar km's sold for around $52k and $56k at Auction last week at Pickles (2 x Examples).

People are asking top $$ on CarSales etc... but what the cars are "really" selling for is the main point.

That'll give some real world ideas for you going forward.

Your UMC that came with the 2019 car would only have the 8A / 12A tails with it. If you let it go with the car and buy a new one, you'll get one with 10A / 15A tails, for 25% faster charging / shaving 20% off your charging time.

Something to consider, anyway.

Reactions: Vostok
Yeap keep the Mobile Charger.. People can buy them if they need them,
Just for your idea when it comes to worth M3 with similar km's sold for around $52k and $56k at Auction last week at Pickles (2 x Examples).

People are asking top $$ on CarSales etc... but what the cars are "really" selling for is the main point.
This ^^
Carsales prices are asking prices. Kind of like property prices at the moment they can be a little devoid from reality at times. Will usually sell for less but not always.

Can you see what cars actually sell for on Carsales? On eBay for example, there is a “completed listing” filter so that you can see what prices have actually been achieved for whatever it is you are trying to sell.
Nope. The transactions don't happen through Carsales. The only information is what the buyer discloses to the government for tax purposes.