Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Mayde Wheel Covers Just Released | Uberturbine Style | For 18" Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi TMC! I’m Jordan from Mayde Auto. You’ve probably seen our wheel covers for Model 3/Y on Amazon and our ads on Reddit (sorry, not sorry 😂). Finally on TMC now so if y’all have any questions, can feel free to ask on here or send me a PM.

We just launched a new wheel cover for Model 3's with standard 18" wheels with aero covers. The design is similar to Uberturbine style but has some key differences I'll go over vs. what's out in the market right now. Its available now on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPF7KJZT

1_v2.jpg

2_v2.jpg

3_v2.jpg

Center Cap Area
The main design difference you’ll see is that our design doesn’t have the raised convex center cap look from the Uberturbine. Ours is smoothed out and concaves in for a deeper dish look similar to the 20" Induction wheel. In addition, you’ll be able to fit OEM Tesla center caps, or a center cap of your choice.

4.jpg

Our wheel covers don’t come with center caps included, but there are a ton of other options available online for relatively cheap or you can always purchase the OEM center cap kit from Tesla.

5_v2.jpg

Color Match to Uberturbine Gunpowder Gray
We tried really hard to get the color match right by using an actual center cap from the Uberturbine wheel. The Uberturbine Gunpowder Gray is still a tad bit more shiny / reflective than the Mayde wheel cover but, it’s pretty darn close.

Spraying this color isn’t easy. We worked hard with our manufacturer in Taiwan to dial in the right amount of grays, clear, and a bit of flake to achieve the right finish.

7.jpg

Felt Tape Already Installed
Our Mayde covers come with felt tape already installed so you just simply snap them onto your wheels. No need to spend time to cut / peel and apply foam or felt to the wheel covers. They are already ready to go and will help prevent damage to your wheel. Our attachment clips are reinforced and do not use any metal clips in the design. Metal clips have more potential to scratch / damage your wheel or can snap off over multiple uses pulling the wheel cover on and off.

8.jpg

Testing / Development
We’ve read all the comments about our previous wheel covers (especially the Model 3 chrome) scratching wheels and have been improving all of our products quietly in the background. All of our wheel covers selling on Amazon now ship with felt tape already installed onto the wheel covers so you just simply snap them on your wheels.

For the people that bought our wheel covers back in the day and didn’t come with felt tape, please reach out with your Amazon order ID, and we’ll send you felt tape if you still need it.

Our wheel covers are manufactured in Taiwan and I work closely with our manufacturer here to develop / test all of our wheel covers on our DBM Model 3 in Taiwan, and we have a DBM MYP in US.

Customer Service
All of our wheel covers are available on Amazon for fast shipping in the US. No need to wait weeks for your wheel covers to come in from overseas. Our office / warehouse is also in South San Francisco, CA so if for some reason we’re out of stock on Amazon, we can just ship from our warehouse in CA.

Also I’m here! If you have any questions / concerns about our wheel covers, please contact me and we’ll figure it out. Last resort you can always go through Amazon customer service and they are pretty good at getting you your money back. But, would prefer you send me a message on here and we can figure out a solution for ya.

Purchase
If interested you can go onto Amazon now and make a purchase: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPF7KJZT

Contact
Feel free to leave a message here, or PM me. I'm not as active on our social media accounts yet but will be making some more efforts on there soon!

Thanks everyone!

Jordan @ Mayde Auto

Food for thought... You should consider offering these in single quantity counts as well. Damaging more than one or two covers at a time is highly unlikely. In the most common scenario (curbing a wheel), a person would have to buy the entire set again to replace the one damaged cover.

do y
Hi TMC! I’m Jordan from Mayde Auto. You’ve probably seen our wheel covers for Model 3/Y on Amazon and our ads on Reddit (sorry, not sorry 😂). Finally on TMC now so if y’all have any questions, can feel free to ask on here or send me a PM.

We just launched a new wheel cover for Model 3's with standard 18" wheels with aero covers. The design is similar to Uberturbine style but has some key differences I'll go over vs. what's out in the market right now. Its available now on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPF7KJZT

View attachment 915133
View attachment 915134
View attachment 915135
Center Cap Area
The main design difference you’ll see is that our design doesn’t have the raised convex center cap look from the Uberturbine. Ours is smoothed out and concaves in for a deeper dish look similar to the 20" Induction wheel. In addition, you’ll be able to fit OEM Tesla center caps, or a center cap of your choice.

View attachment 915155

Our wheel covers don’t come with center caps included, but there are a ton of other options available online for relatively cheap or you can always purchase the OEM center cap kit from Tesla.

View attachment 915156
Color Match to Uberturbine Gunpowder Gray
We tried really hard to get the color match right by using an actual center cap from the Uberturbine wheel. The Uberturbine Gunpowder Gray is still a tad bit more shiny / reflective than the Mayde wheel cover but, it’s pretty darn close.

Spraying this color isn’t easy. We worked hard with our manufacturer in Taiwan to dial in the right amount of grays, clear, and a bit of flake to achieve the right finish.

View attachment 915157
Felt Tape Already Installed
Our Mayde covers come with felt tape already installed so you just simply snap them onto your wheels. No need to spend time to cut / peel and apply foam or felt to the wheel covers. They are already ready to go and will help prevent damage to your wheel. Our attachment clips are reinforced and do not use any metal clips in the design. Metal clips have more potential to scratch / damage your wheel or can snap off over multiple uses pulling the wheel cover on and off.

View attachment 915158
Testing / Development
We’ve read all the comments about our previous wheel covers (especially the Model 3 chrome) scratching wheels and have been improving all of our products quietly in the background. All of our wheel covers selling on Amazon now ship with felt tape already installed onto the wheel covers so you just simply snap them on your wheels.

For the people that bought our wheel covers back in the day and didn’t come with felt tape, please reach out with your Amazon order ID, and we’ll send you felt tape if you still need it.

Our wheel covers are manufactured in Taiwan and I work closely with our manufacturer here to develop / test all of our wheel covers on our DBM Model 3 in Taiwan, and we have a DBM MYP in US.

Customer Service
All of our wheel covers are available on Amazon for fast shipping in the US. No need to wait weeks for your wheel covers to come in from overseas. Our office / warehouse is also in South San Francisco, CA so if for some reason we’re out of stock on Amazon, we can just ship from our warehouse in CA.

Also I’m here! If you have any questions / concerns about our wheel covers, please contact me and we’ll figure it out. Last resort you can always go through Amazon customer service and they are pretty good at getting you your money back. But, would prefer you send me a message on here and we can figure out a solution for ya.

Purchase
If interested you can go onto Amazon now and make a purchase: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPF7KJZT

Contact
Feel free to leave a message here, or PM me. I'm not as active on our social media accounts yet but will be making some more efforts on there soon!

Thanks everyone!

Jordan @ Mayde Auto
Do you have any for Model Y 23?

Very nice looking product. I found them on amazon.com but not on the Canadian version. Can yo share the costs with us "Canucks"?
We haven't onboarded onto Amazon Canada. But, if you go through the Amazon US site, you can input a Canadian address and itll pop out the fees to ship it to ya. Looks like will be around $72.87 for Shipping & Import Fees.

Screenshot 2023-03-10 200049.png

Reactions: Blackfish
Food for thought... You should consider offering these in single quantity counts as well. Damaging more than one or two covers at a time is highly unlikely. In the most common scenario (curbing a wheel), a person would have to buy the entire set again to replace the one damaged cover.
Thank you for the suggestion! We're working on getting the single unit listings up online!
Looks great and the oem tesla center caps fit on the first set?
Thank you! Yep they will fit perfect.
Do you have any testing data for how the efficiency compares to OEM aero covers?

More holes, would think it'd be a bit worse, but would be nice to know how much. Thanks!
Not yet right now. I can start testing but I agree with ya that it does have a bit more holes / openings so efficiency might drop a bit. But, they do look good!
do y

Do you have any for Model Y 23?
We're working on more designs for Model Y. Our current options for Model Y can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B4FKLSS9. It is the same design as the 19" Model Y Gemini wheel and available in 3 colors Matte Black, Gloss Black, and Gold.

Thank you for the suggestion! We're working on getting the single unit listings up online!

Thank you! Yep they will fit perfect.

Not yet right now. I can start testing but I agree with ya that it does have a bit more holes / openings so efficiency might drop a bit. But, they do look good!

We're working on more designs for Model Y. Our current options for Model Y can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B4FKLSS9. It is the same design as the 19" Model Y Gemini wheel and available in 3 colors Matte Black, Gloss Black, and Gold.
I do not like those thin design for the 19" MY. I like the ones that look like the ubertines but need them for 19" Gemini MY.